Ashley Bunag's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

All logins for all users in a term?

Is there a convenient way (either via reports, analytics, or API) to get a list of all users and all logins in a specific term?  Our retention team wants to not just know the last login, but als...

11-01-2023

Removing inadvertently created courses via SIS Import?

So we had an old script fire last night, importing an incorrect CSV and creating something like 3600 unneeded courses, with enrollments.  Is there any way to remove these courses without having ...

11-05-2021

Canvas Icon Library?

We're looking to add some custom links to the Global Navigation, and I've already cannibalized JS scripts posted long ago, but I've lost the link to find icons that I can insert into that script.&nbs...

06-16-2021

Identifying Students outside US?

Has anyone developed a way to identify if a user is outside the US?  We're trying to establish which ones may have trouble accessing Canvas and related course materials (especially in China), bu...

11-12-2020

Generating a list of all courses in Manually-Created subaccount?

I'm trying to get a list of all courses in the "Manually-Created Courses" subaccount, however, courses without an SIS ID seem to not show up in the stock reports.  Anyone have a method to genera...

10-14-2020

Admin access to course statistics page?

I'm having trouble deciphering the admin roles.  A department wants an admin role for an auditor that can't edit grades or course content, but can see it all.  I have it all set, except I c...

09-11-2019

Commons materials after Canvas account deletion?

If someone leaves an institution (and their account is disabled or deleted in Canvas) what happens to the materials they've hosted in Commons?

08-06-2019

Adding an External Tool to Course Navigation?

Hi All, Hope someone can help me with a project.  Our institution signed a deal with Lynda.com, which includes integration with Canvas.  However, the only supported integration is via an...

09-05-2018

Prevent indexing?

Is there a way to prevent a course from being indexed if it's set to public?

07-12-2018

Confirmation of pre-con sessions?

Hi All, Any way to check if my registration went through for some pre-con sessions?  I haven't received any confirmation emails or anything else like that, and our Business office needs that ...

06-21-2018

Google Drive File Stream?

Hi All, I got notification that Google Drive is being depreciated in favor of Drive File Stream.  Anyone know if this will affect the Google Drive integrations?

03-27-2018

Global Navigation for Teacher role only?

I vaguely remember seeing some CSS or JS trick to have a global icon only visible for a specific role, but I can't seem to find that thread anymore.  Does anyone have info on this - either the t...

02-28-2018

Automatically populating home page or syllabus?

Hi All, I've been tasked with a bit of a hot potato, and I was hoping anyone else out there already set something like this up.  Our provost wants to populate all new courses with a syllabus ...

09-25-2017

Customizing Login Page

It appears there was a stealth update at some point that broke some of our theme for our login page.  For some reason the labelling text for the username and password have turned white, which is...

08-28-2017

Anyone using the Diff ID? or... How do you handle the SIS feed at semester transitions?

When we first started using Canvas, we had set it up according to the directions Instructure provided, including using a "diffing_data_set_identifier" value.  As we've progressed, we realiz...

06-06-2017

Canvas to Banner Grade Passback?

We're looking into the Canvas to Banner grade passback, but we've run into a bit of a snag.  We have users with different grading schemes in the same section (some with traditional A-F grades, o...

03-29-2017

Active Courses report?

Hi All, Anyone running reporting on which courses are being used?  Currently we send all courses from SIS to Banner, so we end up with a lot of unused classes.  However, we're trying to ...

03-29-2017

Theory vs Practice

As a smaller University, we are in a similar situation as  @Robbie_Grant ‌ - we like the idea of Mobile, but we just don't have the resources to lead the charge with our users.  So, we...

03-15-2017

Recovering Group Enrollments?

So...we just experienced a rather catastrophic failure in our enrollments.  An incomplete Enrollment file was sent to Canvas, which only had about 25% of our enrollments on it.  After signi...

03-10-2017

How to contact Canvas Support without using Help Menu?

So it appears there's a widescale outage of Canvas, and it made me realize that without the Help Menu I don't have a way to file a ticket with Instructure.  Doing a quick search of the guides di...

02-28-2017