matt2's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[SIS] Mass change freeze

Problem statement: Currently, the Canvas SIS integration rostering feature will import data collected from your SIS as-is without further validation. This is generally desired and expected for a sch...

10-12-2023

[SIS] OneRoster: Sync Assignments without grades

Problem statement: Currently, the OneRoster Grade Passback integration will only sync an assignment to a SIS once at least one submission has been graded. Some use cases require that assignments are...

10-05-2023

Find all assignments with no submissions

Hi all! I'm looking for a bit of advice using the Canvas API to find a body of assignments across any of our active courses. Specifically I'm looking for assignments that: are posted to the SIS ha...

05-15-2023

[SIS] Post Assignments to SIS before submissions

Problem statement: The Canvas SIS Integration does not currently sync assignments to a connected SIS until at least one graded submission exists. I'd like to request a feature that would allow the s...

05-03-2023

[SIS] eSchoolPlus SIS Integration

I'd like to request that Instructure provide a Canvas SIS integration with PowerSchool's eSchoolPlus SIS product. eSchoolPlus' API is now OneRoster 1.2 compliant (I believe starting with v21.4.18.0) ...

05-13-2022

Course page views retrieved via API don't match Online Attendance

We're currently looking into using the New Analytics Online Attendance tool to track course attendance, and I ran into a discrepancy I can't explain. When looking at attendance for a particular stude...

09-02-2021