Robert Carroll's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Thread with space for Global Custom Navigation

An improved tool for adding items to the Canvas Global Navigation (Desktop and Responsive menus), with the ability to use it to extend and add additional features into the navigation with custom tray...

10-11-2023

The Crossing Guard

Maybe the best little bot in the realm, cost for care. The perfect tool in the Defenses of the Dark FERPA... The Crossing Guard A Course People page and +People modal solution for CanvasLMS Thi...

10-01-2023

Global Navigation Custom [Sub Account] Help Links

I heard a DJ recently say "disk space is cheap, inspiration is not", after a composer finished something they were about to delete. I have a folder of these little hack ideas people had and sharing s...

09-20-2023

Global Navigation Custom Links

https://github.com/robert-carroll/ccsd-canvas/tree/main/global-nav-custom-links I've updated this to fully support the responsive hamburger menu for custom links. There is no more jQuery. Pleas...

09-20-2023

Allow Account Admin to select which sub account is used in Dashboard Course Creation Subaccount Menu

This new feature is great... but missed an essential piece. Choice. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Releases/Canvas-Release-Notes-2021-11-20/ta-p/491758 Account Admins need the ability ...

11-24-2021

How to reset a communication channel?

I have a task that sends course level notifications to students using the Canvas API, using communication channels, notification preferences, and conversations. Communication Channel Fac...

01-23-2020

LEDbelly - Live Events Daemon for Canvas LMS - SQS to SQL

This discussion is for the users and development of LEDbelly. GitHub - ccsd/ledbelly: LEDbelly - Live Events Daemon for Canvas LMS - SQS to SQL Let's Discuss Here's a space for us to talk about ...

09-03-2019

CanvasLMS Awesome List Contributions

...ou should rather leave stuff out than include too much.   We'll be editing a public document and elevating some content above others. Before contributing it's important to review t...

07-17-2019

Awesome CanvasLMS

This content is over 24-months old. While the resource is still valuable to the Community, it is important to evaluate the content to ensure that it is still relevant and reliable. &n...

07-16-2019

Managing Canvas Data with Embulk

Embulk is an open-source bulk data loader that helps data transfer between various databases, storages, file formats, and cloud services. embulk.org github contributors   Si...

07-05-2019

Big Data Ideas & Usage for Tiny Budgets & Small Teams

Presentation Title Big Data Ideas & Usage for Tiny Budgets & Small Teams Abstract / Session Overview Want to surf the Big Data wave without the expensive gear? We’ll share how we...

06-28-2019

simplifying schema.json

...inishes publicly_visible boolean, -- True if the course is publicly visible sis_source_id varchar, -- Correlated id for the record for this course in the SIS system (assuming SIS integration i...

03-15-2019

Canvas Data CLI - What am I missing?

CD-CLI: Can sync by downloading and keeping every file on the local volume    - encumbers a ridiculous amount of disk space Can fetch individual tables   &...

11-20-2018

Admin Tray - Sub Account Menu

...bsp;: Skira editore, Paris : Musée du Luxembourg, 2003. ISBN 9788884915641 {{PD-US}} This media file is in the public domain in the United States. This applies to U.S. works where the c...

11-02-2018

The Problem with the Requests Table

It's not designed for what we're trying to use it for - almost anyone, including the Canvas Data team The Canvas Data Portal - Requests documentation states Pageview requests. Discla...

08-10-2018

Developer Tools #3 - Update the DOM with an AJAX Response

Developer Tools for the Canvas User > Tutorial #3 For this tutorial we are going to combine what we learned in tutorial's 1 and 2. The goal will be to make an AJAX request with JavaSc...

07-16-2018

Developer Tools #2 - Update a course nickname with the API

Developer Tools for the Canvas User > Tutorial #2 Before getting started with APIs, read through paragraphs 1-5 of the linked thread by  @stuart_ryan  Canvas APIs: Ge...

07-16-2018

Developer Tools #1 - Delete and modify elements, and Refresh

Developer Tools for the Canvas User > Tutorial #1 On your Canvas Dashboard, Right Click on a Course Card and choose Inspect If you miss and the highlighted element is not exactly as...

07-16-2018

Developer Tools for the Canvas User

While collaborating recently, I’ve found myself referring to the Javascript Console, or is it Developer Tools, maybe Web Inspector; what about adding Browser before, do I provide a lin...

07-16-2018

Notification Preferences API

I'm trying to update 2 notification preferences for users through the API with Ruby. I'm either having a problem understanding the API or maybe something is wrong.   1) I have masquerading p...

05-01-2018