Jeff Campbell's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Div Element Resizing

I am trying to find a way to make something render on a page. The goal is to have a colored rectangle with text centered inside. I am using this as a visual marker to highlight specific content on th...

11-13-2023

Copying the Same Content Does Not Overwrite

Right now, when copying content, we get a warning message saying that copying the same content as existing content will overwrite the existing content. We use a common course for our department to co...

10-24-2023

Using Badges for Assignments

I have been looking at options for awarding badges to students. Everything I find that talks about badges implies that badges can be set up to be awarded for completing modules, but I cannot find any...

09-29-2023

Replace a video in Canvas Studio

In a course's Files browser, if I upload a picture with the exact same file name, it will ask if I want to replace the original or create a new one. If I choose to replace, all content in the course ...

03-02-2023

Link Validation Produces Errors for Content Not in the Course

I have a weird Link Validation error and hoping someone might have an idea why this is happening or how to fix it. After performing a Link Validation, it is stating that pictures are missing from som...

01-06-2023

[SIS] Add the ability to Sync/Unsync items by Due Date

Problem statement: Right now, the ability to Sync and Unsync assignments is done one by one. While this is beneficial in many ways, it does create a time sink around the end of a grading period/quar...

11-28-2022

Canvas Studio in Course Exports

...ourse outside my district and the videos still work? I have looked at the option to generate a public link. What remained unclear from the Canvas Help page regards whether the videos can be publicly s...

08-20-2021

[New Quizzes] Add Font and Color options to Equation Editor

Currently, the Equation Editor does not appear to have options to control font or color directly. I found an old topic from 2016 that implied that an adjustable font size was being added, but it look...

04-14-2021

Pretty HTML Editor - Ctrl F Won't Work

In exploring the "Pretty" HTML Editor, I have found that using Ctrl-F to find elements on a page does not work properly. This slows down use of an editor that has visual benefits when designing pages...

02-25-2021

HMTL Border-Radius Being Stripped When a Page is Saved

I have been working to style list elements so that they stand out more visibly on the pages I am creating. My pages are set up to includes steps that can be referenced when students are going through...

02-24-2021

Changing Assignment to Not Graded in Bulk

When copying content from one course to another, or importing a Course Export, all assignments show up in the gradebook automatically. However, if we change the Display Points As status to ...

01-12-2021

[Rich Content Editor] Add an option to set a table's borders to be collapsed or separate.

Currently, table properties allow for Cell Padding and Cell Spacing. Cell spacing will not be visible when the border-collapse property is set to collapse, but will be present when set to separate.&n...

01-05-2021

Embedding an assignment doc across multiple teacher courses

I am the only person teaching my course at my school, but there are teachers who teach it at other buildings in our district. We created a collaborative course that we built our curriculum within and...

12-15-2020

[Import/Export] Improvements to Copy To feature.

...alk about using Commons to copy content to multiple courses. Adding such an option here just provides another avenue to increase efficiency for teachers. I do not want to share content to Commons public...

10-23-2020