natsmy's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

What Whiteboard Do You Use?

Hello,   I will be teaching a "flex" class where some students will be in the classroom, some will be watching on Zoom, and some will watch the Zoom recordings asynchronously. I teach Math...

10-09-2023

Deleting Vertical Lines in A Table

Hello,   I am making a table on the home page in a Canvas shell.  I have inserted some pictures so to get them to line up properly, I inserted a table.  I don't want a border and was...

10-18-2022

Which Role Gives the LEAST Amount of Access in Canvas?

Hello, Of all the roles that can be added in Canvas, which one gives the LEAST amount of access to a course? I have to add some people to my course and I want to give them as little access as possibl...

07-09-2022

Making Videos in Word on iPad

Hello all, I'm hoping someone will have an answer to this question because I am unable to find it online.  My students are needing some additional help so I want to do some videos for them usi...

01-26-2022

Do You Require Students to Have Their Video Turned On During Class?

Hello all, I'm trying to get some feedback to see if anyone requires students to have their video turned on during class.  The class is required attendance, however, I have noticed in the pa...

01-09-2022

Canvas Setting to Block Student Access to a Test

Is there a setting that will block student access to a test AFTER the test has been completed and graded?   We use departmental tests and don't want the test questions floating around in the...

06-04-2021

Change Observer Role Capabilities

In a Canvas Community it states: "Each instructor can customize the links in the Course Navigation and limit the number of features that students and observers can see. Observers may or may not see...

05-25-2021

Writing a Quiz (Test) in Canvas

When I am writing a test in Canvas, how am I able to see the questions once I have entered them? This is a new test, but it keeps taking me back to my instruction page, then when I select "new ques...

05-19-2021

Did You Put Wording In Your Syllabus About Using Lockdown Browser?

This will be the first "official" time I will be using lockdown browser with webcam in one of my classes due to a flex modality.  Have any of you put wording directly in your syllabus regarding ...

05-10-2021

Making Changes Without Canvas Notifying Students?

What settings do I need to change, or what do I need to do so Canvas does not send out notifications when I make changes to things?  Obviously, things like Announcements I want all students to s...

05-03-2021

How to Edit a Module With a Document Attached

Is it possible to update a document that is already in a module without deleting that entry and making a new one? For example, I have something in my 1-1 Module called Lesson 1-1 Practice Sheet.&nb...

01-13-2021

Black Bar Across Top of Home Page

Hello, Is there a way to change the black bar across the top of the home page?  Currently my course name is on it - I don't need to remove it, just wondering if I could make it wider, change t...

01-12-2021

How to Add Buttons to the Home Page and a few other Questions.....

I'm sorry if my next few questions seem simplistic - I can't seem to be able to get anyone to answer them for me, including the online/phone Canvas support people. 1) I'm pretty new to Canvas and t...

01-06-2021