Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brad Horn's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Kudos

(very) odd embedded image behavior

Uploaded some .png file images to my Canvas files, then inserted them in my lesson. Thought all was honky dory until I opened up the browser today and saw this: Since then I've tried all m...

12-12-2017

Quiz locked out in Module view on mobile

Hi, Canvas champions— I'm noticing that when I view a class module on mobile using iOS, I am locked out of the quiz: I can access them if I view them from the "Quizzes" tab, however. An...

11-02-2017

Character limit in "matching questions"?

Comrades— I'm running into issues with the text field for answers in matching quiz questions not being long enough to support the definitions of quiz terms. I see from this question http...

11-01-2017

Can't make quiz changes

Run into a problem—in fiddling around and trying to set up a course and learn how to use Canvas I believe I inadvertently started "officially" taking a quiz. Now I'm unable to make changes to the qui...

10-26-2017

How do I embed *one* tweet?

Hi, everyone. Apologies for dragging Donald Trump into Canvas, but here's what I'm dealing with.... If I go to a news website, embedded tweets usually look like this (which I like): ...

09-12-2017

iframes changing size unexpectedly

When I embed videos from news websites or vimeo (whether via the HTML editor or the alt-F9 method of embedding content via the Rich Content Editor) they change size and get *much* smaller if I edit, ...

07-21-2017

Linking pages after changing title / permalink / linking tool?

Hello friends and fellow Canvas Wrestlers — Been searching through the questions and answers here and so far I haven't found a solution to this but wanted to ask just to be sure: If I create, say, pa...

07-13-2017

Is it possible to change size of inline preview?

Howdy howdy Canvas gods and goddesses. Is there a way to change the size of the inline preview of a file (a .pdf)? Specifically I'd like to make it taller than the ~350 pixels that seems to be the...

07-07-2017

Which quiz is the copy?

Hello, Canvas wizards and warlocks — Trying to duplicate a quiz—specifically trying to turn 1 quiz into 10 quizzes—and struggling with overwriting. Two questions: 1 - After I duplicate a quiz v...

05-25-2017

Content (quizzes and pages) disappearing

Ok, I'm back with more mysteries. I'm having things disappear—quizzes and pages to be specific. Using the www.school.edu/coursename/undelete trick didn't work for me. I always save and/or publis...

05-23-2017

Changing page type + a mystery!

Not sure if this is a bug or something I did by mistake, but I have a page that's appearing in both my list of "pages" and in my list of "assignments." It *isn't* an assignment and wasn't set up that...

05-23-2017

Change "quiz question" designation

Is there a way to change the heading of quiz questions to something other than "question 1, 2, 3, etc.?" Here's a screengrab of what I'd like to change if I can. Thanks muchly.

05-18-2017

Creating groups of pages

Is there a way to create "groups" of Canvas pages such as one can do with assignments?

05-18-2017

Inserting required quiz question to move through a section - How?

Greetings comrades— Total Canvas newbie here. In creating an online lesson I'd like to make it so students need to answer a simple question to move from one page to another—just something to keep ...

05-15-2017

Duplicating items (a module, for example)

Is there a way — or has anyone developed a workaround — to duplicate major canvas elements like modules or assignments? I'm thinking of the type of option available in Google Docs where one righ...

05-09-2017

Assignments greyed out in calendar - why?

Totally new to canvas and just playing around for now, but an assignment I've created via the calendar's "Create New Event" (which I then switch to assignment) is giving me a greyed out calendar icon...

05-02-2017