Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lsloan's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Kudos

BUG: Re-Cross-Listing sections to original course causes UI/API problems

Hi, all. My colleagues and I noticed a strange behavior in Canvas recently.  If a section from one course (say, ID=1) gets cross-listed to another course (ID=2) and subsequently gets re-cross-...

10-07-2021

How to enroll multiple users in a section with one API call?

I need to use the Canvas API to enroll multiple users (up to 400 per batch) into an existing course section. I see the API will let me POST one user enrollment per API call using the " /v1/sections...

07-27-2021

REST API: "courses/:course_id/users" or "courses/:course_id/search_users"?

In the Canvas REST API documentation, I've found that these two entries seem to be identical: /api/v1/courses/:course_id/users /api/v1/courses/:course_id/search_users Are they really t...

02-08-2021

LTI key defined, "Public JWK URL" never used

I'd asked this question before, but it's probably more appropriate for this developers' forum. I've configured an LTI key in Canvas with a URL in the "Public JWK URL" field.  After inspe...

08-30-2020

LTI key defined, Public JWK URL never used

I've configured an LTI key in Canvas with a URL in the Public JWK URL field.  After inspecting the traffic to my server, I see that Canvas never requests that URL.  However, the tool works ...

08-29-2020

API: Download all assignment submissions?

Does the Canvas API provide an entry for downloading all submissions for an assignment as a single file?  I see that's available in the Canvas UI.  Instructors can click a link to download ...

02-07-2020

API: Get submissions as PDF?

In Canvas SpeedGrader, I see that students' submissions (for example, a Word document) is shown on the page as a PDF and that an annotated PDF of the submission can be downloaded. Is that submission...

02-07-2020

Mark "External Tool" submission assignment as complete?

I've developed an LTI that we use in several Univ. of Michigan courses on Canvas.  We can create assignments that have a submission type of "External Tool" that will launch the LTI when students...

05-09-2019

find courses assoc. with a specific outcome?

Can I use Canvas data to find courses that are associated with a specific outcome?

07-12-2016