bertscjn1's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Using the API to find which LTI tool is being used?

As the title says, I am beginning to brainstorm the building of a report for courses that use the LTI tools that are embedded into our instance. I looked over the API documentation but it doesn't loo...

02-13-2024

creating JSON objects with Canvas data from API

Hey. I am trying to build JSON objects to work with down the line. However, I am running into an issue and am hoping I can get some help.  I am wanting to store all pages of a Canvas course in...

01-24-2024

Update course start and end time time through API

I am trying to write a program for my team to update course start and end times through the API using Python. The end_at time isn't updating. What am I doing wrong? I've code below for obvious reason...

11-07-2023

Getting a "Text only question" when using API to create quiz questions

I've been at this for the past 5 hours... I'm trying to upload questions from a JSON file to Canvas via Canvas' API, but all I can get is a blank, dummy-placeholder question. I am using cURL. Below i...

07-21-2021

API, CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource

Hello, all Ok, I am completely stumped. I have spent hours watching videos, following tutorials, tinkering with both my IIS server, the webconfig file on the IIS server, and my code itself. I have ...

02-18-2021

Cross Post! Vanilla JavaScript API call doesn't work from webapp (401 error), but full URL works.

Hello community!  I am making an API call to Pages and pulling the default 10 pages no problem. However, when I try to add the "per_page=" parameter I get a 401 error in the console! ...

12-02-2020

Vanilla Javascript, Pages API call, & 401 error

Hello community!  I am making an API call to Pages and pulling the default 10 pages no problem. However, when I try to add the "per_page=" parameter I get a 401 error in the console! What's st...

12-02-2020

GET API call "using sis_course_id:" 404 Error

I am trying to make GET calls to Canvas but when I try to get the data using the sis_course_id: it doesn't work - I get a 404 error. However, if I replace the sis_course_id: with the numerical ID num...

10-30-2020