Eric Kean's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

External tool no longer opening in a new tab

Hi, As of yesterday, my instructors are noticing that their "Load External Tool in a New Tab" option is being ignored for the students.  Instead the external tool is being iframed in.  Is...

04-09-2024

Quicker troubleshooting

Hi, I'm a developer who has an app that does a variety of things including grade passback using LTI Advantage. After a few thousand successful grade passbacks, my calls began to fail for a small sub...

11-28-2022

Invalid access token field/s: the 'aud' is invalid --- just for single student

Hi, I've been using LTI 1.3 to passback grades successfully from my application to Canvas and have just encountered something a bit odd.  As the title suggests, I'm getting "Invalid access toke...

09-02-2022

External tool not showing up in sub-account

Hi, I'm a developer of an external tool and a college successfully installed and is using my tool in their regular account.  They asked whether the external tool should be available in all of t...

06-07-2022

External App not showing up in Sandbox

Hi, I'm a developer who created an LTI 1.3 app.  For one of the colleges that would like to use the app, we noticed that it didn't appear as an option for install in their Sandbox account but ...

04-21-2022

person_sourcedid

Hi, As part of LTI 1.3, "person_sourcedid" is passed back. For actual schools, can this be a trusted value for a student's school user id?  Or, is this something that an LMS may or may not pas...

10-26-2021

Resuable JWT with LTI Advantage

Hi, I've (finally) gotten my app to use LTI Advantage in order to pass back grades.  After each launch, Canvas sends back a JWT with my library uses to passback the score.  I'm currently ...

10-01-2021

Custom fields not showing up in self-hosted version

...arget_link_uri": "https://dev.adapt.libretexts.org/api/lti/configure" } } } ], "public_jwk": { ~an actual key~ }, "description": "Adapt-2", "custom_fields": { "custom_canvas_api_domain": "$C...

08-16-2021

Rate limiting on grade passback

Hi, I have an LTI 1.3 external tool that I've created and will be using to pass back grades from my app to Canvas.  Are there any rate limiting issues that I should be concerned about?  F...

08-15-2021