SusanNiemeyer's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Instructure has done it! Hooray! No more "Death by a thousand clicks!"

So, the Instructure team has come through with an awesome "fix" to a perennial problem. For years, I have been frustrated by how modules are published. Every time I imported old course material into ...

06-18-2023

Not impressed with Instructure right now

As someone who has provided substantial support to novice Canvas users at my institution, in this forum, and on Facebook, I can attest that one of major design flaws of Canvas is hiding very importan...

04-14-2023

Creating Rubrics - I wish that Canvas would fix this issue.

So here I am trying to create a rubric for an assignment, and twice I have forgotten the extra, added step of "updating the rubric" at the bottom of the screen. Twice, I have lost all of my work. Twi...

12-10-2022

Can't publish a Module using the Teacher App

Unfortunately, I'm limited to the Canvas App on my cell phone this weekend. I have a module I'd like to publish this morning, but I can't. I'm really frustrated by this lack of functionality. (No, I...

10-01-2022

"Hiding" grades is not working properly

Recently, I have discovered that I am no longer able to "hide" my students' grades for either graded discussions or assignments. (I haven't tested this out with quizzes.) Even when I have both "hidd...

06-04-2022

Death by a thousand clicks.....

Hi @greydon  @cstrikwerda and @ColtonSwapp , It's great seeing all of you here this morning addressing some of the questions that have come up recently. Since you're al...

05-11-2022

[Rubrics] Warning Message for Rubrics - Improve Wording

I would like to suggest that Canvas change the wording of this error message: "Are you sure you want to DELETE this rubric?" to "Are you sure you want to REMOVE this rubric?" Recently, I attached...

12-25-2021

Navigation - Remove "warning"

I've just noticed that the Canvas folks have added this warning to Navigation. "Warning: For improved accessibility in reordering Course Navigation elements, please use the Move To Dialog option fo...

12-22-2021

[Dashboard] Make color overlay optional for individual course cards

I really like the color overlay for courses I have created. However, I'm also enrolled in courses created by other instructors, who use colorful images. I have experimented with different color hex c...

06-05-2021

Grading with Rubrics - Please allow me to "hide" the scores

Hello, Canvas folks. I understand how to "hide" and "post" grades when I grade with Speedgrader. I do it all of the time so that I can release all of the scores and comments when I have completed m...

03-28-2021

[Gradebook Settings] Moving Gradebook-Related Items from Course Settings to the Gradebook

I'm a community college professor, and I taught myself how to use Canvas when the pandemic begin. More recently, I've been mentoring my colleagues.  One major problem is that some of the most ...

02-18-2021

[Course Settings] Allow teachers to choose default font size

Please give teachers the ability to SELECT their preferred default font size in COURSE SETTINGS. There are many reasons that a teacher might want to use a larger font size, such as 14 font, through...

02-01-2021

Uploading a Canvas Studio into YouTube

I would like to create a new video in Canvas Studio, but later be able to upload it to my own YouTube channel. Can that be done? If so, what is the easiest way? The reason for this is that I want to...

12-03-2020