qnguyen's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Course Settings] Use Display Name in all Name fields

Problem statement: When a student has a Display Name, other students in their class can't see their "real" name (legal name) except if the People tab is enabled. While the legal name still show up i...

09-18-2023

How to get all data from Live API

Hi All, I was trying to get User Page View from within Canvas of a particular student and the CSV only show 300 lines of data. I was told by Canvas to use Live API, I ran the   /v1/user...

12-14-2021

Report on ConferZoom (3rd party in general)

Hi all, We are trying to look for a way to run report on ConferZoom activity such as when and which class has used it in Canvas. So far, we tried to run User Course Access Log report under Admin bu...

03-31-2021

Add 2 email for Users by using SIS?

Hi All, Is there a way to add 2 email into 1 User account in Canvas? I would like to update all 30,000 existing users by using SIS or .CSV file ? Thanks

12-08-2020

Report of Tab/Menu usage?

Hi all, Is there a way for me to get a report showing the usage of CURRENT default tab/menu of our school account? Example like: 300 courses has People tab on and 200 has it hidden. The purpose is...

09-29-2020

Hide PEOPLE tab for all courses

Hi all, Is there a a way to hide PEOPLE tab for all courses as default? I have been using the API Live but that only work for 1 course at a time. Thanks

04-27-2020

Students Login Logs

Hi All, I am looking for a way to do these: - A log of student log in such as total time, courses...for all students in our Canvas - If not a easy way through Canvas GUI, then API? I am not famili...

04-03-2020

Add external badges (Badgr) to a Canvas course

Hi there, I currently have so many Badges I collected and can see them on Badgr . Is there a way to show them all on Canvas, not by copying the Share links each of them? Thanks

12-11-2018

Students use the App to take a quiz, it does not give them a score

Hi, I couldn't find the solution or anyone posted about this issue. Students use the App to take a quiz (Practice Quiz) and it does not give them a score or recorded it in Grade Book. But it works w...

09-11-2018

Restrict the Menu settings

Hi there, Is there a way, as Admin, I can restrict instructors from changing the Default Menus under Navigation? In this case, I don't want instructor to change or hide a particular Menu, which I u...

02-24-2017

How to get app url list for IOS and Android

Hi all, We are looking for the app url list for Canvas on both IOS and Android, so if student is on a mobile device, access our Mobile app then need to access Canvas for the first time, this will op...

12-09-2016

Folder structure inside the File (Module)

Hi Is there way to set up so when instructor goes to add a File to Module, the File list would be organized in Folder Structure instead of list of Files. In this case, each folder has more than 100 ...

12-02-2016

How to find out where the course is cross-listed with ?

Hi, We have several course got cross listed with others. Then later on, when we go to the "child" courses, can't find a way to search for where the "parents" are. Of course inside the child Sections...

10-07-2016

No Close/Open for Comments on Discussions

Hi, Looks like if we add a Due Date on Discussion, then the Close / Open for Comment is gone. Is that how the design is? Thanks everyone.

09-27-2016

How to set DATE/TIME inside Turnitin?

Hi All, If we have Turitin within our Assignment, then whcih Date/Time fuction should we use? Since both Assignment and Turitin itself have these functions. Thanks

08-16-2016

Missing links found in imported content

Does anyone know why we got this error even when copying courses within Canvas? WE can understand that it could happen when copying from Blackboard to Canvas but not within Canvas. Here are some err...

05-31-2016

How to install SCORM on canvas?

Hi all, We used to have SCORM on Blackboard and not Canvas any more. My question is : - Do we have to pay to get this tool into Canvas? - Saw this link and it doesn't say anything about how to get...

05-25-2016

Is there Journal function in Canvas

Our instructors were wondering if they can bring Journals from Blackboard over to Canvas, and is there a Journal function in Canvas at all, if not , what is the alternation? Thanks

05-20-2016

Due Dates were not changed when copied

Hi We tried several times with the Shift Dates Option and "Adjust events and due dates " when copying Course to Course, the only things changes was the Start and End dates for the new Course, all Qu...

05-17-2016

How to keep Question Set when import from Blackboard ?

Our instructors said they lost all Question Sets when import content over from Blackboard to Canvas. Is there a way to keep them? Thanks

05-05-2016