Andrew42's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Reports] Add creation date to courses provisioning report

Problem statement: Outside the API I am currently unable to find out the date and time a course was created. Because of this I can't work out the sequence of events that led to an issue where data w...

02-12-2024

[Courses] Autodelete 'Test Student' from courses after set delay

Problem statement: The dummy user 'Test Student' is created in courses when Student View is used. This user is then shown unnecessarily in SpeedGrader and the gradebook. Teaching staff who don't wan...

02-07-2024

[Import/Export] Improve link handling during course copy

Problem statement: In courses that contain links to external webpages, Canvas completes the course copy except for the pages that contain these links. Sample links in footer div: <div class=...

01-31-2024

[SIS] Allow ability to edit user SIS IDs with leading spaces via the GUI

Problem statement: User accounts with a leading space in their SIS IDs can be identified in reports such as the enrolment provisioning report. However it's currently not possible to edit these SID I...

12-03-2023

[Enrollments] Clearer marking of concluded enrollments

Problem statement: Concluded enrolments are not clearly marked in People or Settings screens within a course. Concluded enrolments are currently shown when clicking on a section in the Sections tab,...

12-03-2023

[Permissions] Allow option to define different roles for a user within course sections, modules, resources and activities

Problem statement Users are given a role when enrolled in a course, but this role is not always the best role for that user to have in all parts of the course. This is most often a problem when th...

08-15-2023

[Roles] Remove limitations imposed by base roles when creating custom roles

Problem statement: When building custom roles, restrictions appear to be imposed when selecting permissions due to the base role selected. Canvas does not seem to provide enough flexibility to build...

08-15-2023

[Assignments] Allow limiting teachers to individual assessments within a course

Problem statement: We offer some units of study where guest lecturers/tutors teach only one topic within a course. These tutors may then be required to grade a related assessment and do not need to ...

08-15-2023

[Accounts] Show extra fields in Add Login screen

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS Problem statement: When editing an existing user login via the Update Login screen, the Login, SIS ID and Integration ID fields a...

07-04-2023

Permission limitations on custom roles based on the Student role

I'm currently unable to submit an idea in this site so am starting by looking for feedback on how permissions currently operate in Canvas.  We have a situation where multiple teachers are enrol...

02-23-2023

[Assignments] Make reference to module optional on Assignment Index Page

If an Assignment is added to a module, then this module is displayed under this assignment on the Assignment Index Page The suggestion would be that there should be an option to turn off the displa...

06-08-2022

Delete Course dialogue box

Apologies if I misunderstand the reference to a dropdown menu in the Confirm Course Deletion dialogue box (eg at https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-delete-a-course-as-an-ins...

05-18-2022

[Reports] Add declared_user_type column to User provisioning report

We've been informed of the (relatively) new addition of the declared_user_type field to users.csv (https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/file.sis_csv.html). We assume it's thus possible  to s...

02-14-2022

[SIS] Add SIS IDs to default sections as part of course creation

It appears that default course sections don't receive SIS IDs when a course is created. If this is true, then this means that during standard operation, a Canvas instance will start to accumulate m...

07-28-2021