sbeck1's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Limiting Course Date Access

Has anyone removed access for instructors to change the course start and end dates? I cannot find a place in the account settings or the permissions to remove this access. We do not want courses to o...

05-10-2019

How to accommodate "sub-terms?"

Before we moved to Canvas, we would create numerous terms in our old system. During the summer, we would create up to 25 terms to accommodate all of the differences of the terms. When we moved to Can...

04-22-2019

Assignment value indicates "mastery" level

I've heard from several faculty members as we have been on our journey with Canvas outcomes, they would like the ability to have the mastery level determined by the gradebook score. This me...

10-20-2017

Reply to notification doesn't go through

Is anyone else having issues with faculty replying to notifications via mobile Outlook, and it doesn't go through? I have a faculty member that has replied to several Canvas conversation notification...

09-22-2017

Is anyone using the Poll Everywhere integration?

Poll Everywhere has integration instructions for Canvas. Has anyone tried this? It is asking for a Developer Key, and we try not to give out that type of information unless it is really necessary....

09-19-2017

Change the collaboration defaults

We are a Microsoft campus. We have some faculty that are using the collaborations feature in Canvas, but the default option for collaborations is Google Docs. Is there a way to remove Google, or to a...

09-14-2017

Course Site Templates

We have created a course site template that is used across an entire sub-account. Has anyone found a way that can have this template pre-populated for any course created in that sub-account? I though...

09-11-2017

InstructureCon 2017 - Which missions to accept?

I am so excited about InstructureCon this year... We have been on Canvas for 1 year now. We attended InstructureCon last year, but we were so unsure of what we were doing, we sort of fumbled through ...

06-22-2017

Anyone using Ellucian Ethos Platform?

We are in the process of using Ellucian Ethos Platform for SSO purposes. Is anyone else using this platform? We have some questions about how it will work with Canvas.

06-09-2017

Simplify access to questions requiring manual grading in SpeedGrader

When using the SpeedGrader, at the top it will list the questions that you need to pay attention too.  You can click on these questions and it will take you to them in the students test.  T...

05-01-2017

InstructureCon Admin Meet-up

Are there any meet-ups currently setup for admins at InstructureCon 2017?

04-04-2017

Adding LTI to Help Menu

We have a contract with a third party, online tutoring company. We would like to add a link in our help menu directing students to that website, when they are needing assistance. The website uses SSO...

03-14-2017

Outcomes and third party tools

Our institution is implementing outcomes for the upcoming fall trimester. Faculty are working on building and aligning outcomes during this spring and summer trimester. We have been asked about how t...

03-06-2017

Multiple Grading Schemes for One Course

I'm not sure in which place to post this, so I'm starting with Grade Pass Back. We are preparing for a grade pass back to our SIS, and we have encountered an issue with one of our pilot courses. T...

03-06-2017

Quiz Time Pop-Up

I have a student that reported they received a pop-up while taking a quiz. The pop-up informed the student they had 30 seconds left to finish their quiz. The pop-up got stuck on the screen, and the s...

02-15-2017

Is anyone using SIS besides PowerSchool or Skyward?

We use Banner, and are beginning the setup of the grade pass back. Looking for advice from the trenches, if others are out there!

01-13-2017

Commons Access

Is there a way to remove access to Commons for TAs? I couldn't see anything in the permissions area. I have a student that was checking out the Commons and downloaded a lot of files to a course site....

11-15-2016

SIS Import Report

This feature idea has been submitted a couple of times before now. Once it received 125 votes, and the response from Canvas was some changes had been made to make the report more friendly. Recently, ...

10-17-2016

Active courses only?

Has anyone found a good way to be able to view only active courses? We are struggling with massive course listings and cross-listed sections. We would like to be able to conclude the courses that hav...

08-30-2016

Is there a way to email all enrolled users?

I am still fairly new to Canvas. As administrators, we would like to be able to email all users enrolled in a specific term. Is this possible, and if so, how do I accomplish this?

04-26-2016