JB Maurice's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Modules] Requirements in Canvas analytics or Canvas data

It would be nice to have some data (in Canvas analytics or Canvas data at least) about the requirements in each module. For example X student   has viewed 80% of the items in Module Y.

03-04-2022

[Modules] Pre-filled Requirements in Modules

it is quite time consuming to set a requirement for each page/task/discussion in a module. It would be logical to display the requirements for all the items in a module by default, rather than clic...

03-04-2022

Changing the blue navigation bar across all courses through a blueprint

While I found it is possible to change the blue navigation bar across all courses (e.g. adding "Outcomes")  by using a blueprint and ticking the box "include course settings", this affects all s...

12-14-2021

[Accounts] Case and character sensitive search bar

There is an issue with the Search bar in Canvas which is case / character sensitive (and it should not). It's particularly important for languages that use various accents. For example, if I search...

12-14-2021

[Discussions] agree / disagree in Discussions

When posting a discussion, rather than the only "reply" button, it would be great to have some other options with an "agree" and "disagree" buttons so that people can express their opinions, arg...

12-05-2021

rewards to boost engagement in conversations and discussions

On top of e-badges, it would be great if we could set up some reward system to enable students to earn rewards when posting stuffs on conversations and discussions. The idea came from students who u...

12-05-2021

[Mobile - Canvas Student] Notifications in Conversations

We get notifications in Conversations only when we're logged in and using it. It would be great so see in real time who's active on a conversations and when people post messages through the Canvas s...

12-05-2021

Keep images and videos in Microsoft immersive reader

MS immersive reader is not only an amazing tool for people with hearing or visual impairments, it's great for all international students to just translate the course in any languages in a couple of c...

11-10-2021

Access Canvas through Safari

Safari blocks cookies which prevents anyone to log in. It would be great if you could find a way to enable users to log in without disabling Safari's cookies blocker every time. I wonder why Canvas'...

11-10-2021

[Outcomes] Multiple sub-outcomes within an outcome?

I don't see a way to create multiple sub-outcomes within an outcome in Canvas. We we design courses, learning designers always disconstruct a main learning goal into several sub-learing objective...

10-29-2021

Can I create multiple sub-outcomes within an outcome?

In my organisation, I have a number of outcomes (named "learning goals") divided into "learning objectives". To reach an outcome, you need to complete several learning objectives or sub-outcomes. ...

10-27-2021

[Admin Tools] Improving breadcrumb trail

The current Breadcrumb Trail only indicates the course without the list of sub-accounts in which it is integrated. It would be great if we could have a more detailed breadcrumb trail indicatin...

10-27-2021

Using courses as promotional material

Canvas Commons allows us to share a course within the Canvas Community, however, I haven't found a way to share a piece of content as promotional material to attract potential students. It would b...

10-26-2021

Question title

When we modify the title of a question in a quizz and Replace "Question 1" by XXXX, the title is saved properly in the Teacher view. However, when the students do the quizz, it is mentioned "question...

10-21-2021

Export Canvas course in SCORM

While Canvas enable users to import SCORM courses, there is no feature to export in SCORM. It's very surprising and it should be a major feature to add! (it exists on other LMS already) I can't ...

07-23-2021

[Discussions] Integrate emojis in the rich text editor in discussions

Emojis are only built into Canvas' Chat, but not in discussions. It would be really useful to have such a major feature integrated into discussions through a button in the text editor. Most people ...

03-22-2021

[Commons] search Canvas Commons by language

It would be nice to add a feature to look for courses by language in Canvas Commons' filter. I could easily find courses available in French, English, Spanish, etc.

03-20-2021