everson_50's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Giving a student a second attempt at a quiz (Part 2)

Hi Everyone, I posted the following message awhile ago.  I did not specify then that I am using the Classic Quizzes feature since that is all we have access to at our institution.  I go...

02-06-2022

Giving a student a second chance on their original quiz attempt

Hi Everyone, I hope I can easily explain this situation. I have set up my midterm exam in Canvas in a special way.  Essentially, there are multiple versions of each question on the midterm.&...

03-04-2021

Can I subscribe to a group discussion forum?

Hi Everyone, I am experimenting this summer with setting up smaller groups for discussion.  In the past, whenever I have set up discussions, it has been for the whole class, and I can very ea...

06-24-2020

How to best handle a make-up quiz

Hi Everyone, I'm not sure how to easily ask this question or whether what I am about to share will make sense, but I figure it's worth a shot. I teach a statistical literacy course that sometim...

06-14-2020

Seeing images within the Canvas app?

Hello, I use the quizzes tool in Carmen to set up homework assignments.  Since I teach statistics, some of my homework questions naturally include images (like graphs, tables, etc.) that stud...

06-07-2020

Is my understanding of group sets correct?

Hi Everyone, I don't currently have any group discussion assignments in my introductory statistics course because I have a large number of students (over 300).  However, I'm thinking it might...

05-27-2020

Academic integrity statements/questions on exams

Hi Everyone, I'm looking for examples of how I might include academic integrity statements or honor code pledges within online exams.  Do you do anything related to this that you wo...

04-11-2020

Re-opening a closed quiz for just one student?

Hi Everyone, This might not be possible, but let's say you set up a quiz in your class to close at a particular time.  If a student misses the deadline but you would like to give that student...

04-09-2020

Setting up exams for big classes

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to learn more about how others have set up exams in Canvas for rather large classes.  I teach a statistical literacy course where there are close to 1000 students.&nbs...

04-01-2020

Best practices for online exams

...ther options, and most of those students end up making appointments at approved testing centers or having exams proctored at public libraries. Naturally, we have no choice now but to move everything o...

03-22-2020

Copying quizzes or importing questions from a quiz into a Question Bank

Hello, I did a bad thing.  At the start of the semester, I set up a pre-test for my students.  It was in the form of a Practice Quiz.  Rather than first add questions to a Question ...

11-05-2016