Nancy LaChance's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Grade Post Policy Anomalies (redux)

Has anyone run into any anomalies with the MANUAL grade post policy. I have a situation in which the manual policy is set at the course level, but it is applied erratically to the actual assignments....

02-04-2020

Getting an Edge on Student Feedback and Communications

I am ever grateful for all of the resources, tips, best practices, and tools created by and for the Canvas Community. I do not think any of us could do our jobs at all without the ever-present advice...

12-05-2019

Moving Pinned Discussions

I am curious - does anyone know when the ability to move a pinned discussion to another section was removed?  I know that I used to be able to move discussions between sections as I used this to...

09-23-2019

Canvas Release -- Sour Notes

Before I begin this blog, I do want to send huge kudos to erinhallmark who kept me sane through a more-than-trying Canvas release week.  Erin, you are a hero who stuck with us and helped th...

07-23-2019

New Gradebook - Override Grade Option

I am working with a number of our institutions on the new Gradebook. One of the positives is the ability to override a grade. However, it appears to me that the grade override ONLY lets one change th...

03-27-2019

A Canvas Canticle

As 2018 came to a close and 2019 began, my work world stilled --  “not a creature was stirring” as most  of my faculty and students and other constituents broke away for their well-deserved...

01-07-2019