d_tan's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Inform user why their login is suspended

Admin is given a UI function as well as an API to suspend users and reactivate them. But from the user's perspective, it's unclear why their access was suspended, because the error message simply say...

10-15-2023

Canvas API to work out an assignment has unposted scores?

I am after the replacement of the Muted property from the old gradebook. I want to know if an assignment contains unposted scores. Is there a way to get this without involving GraphQL API? One sugg...

09-01-2020

Who Mark Each Criterion in a Rubric?

In Canvas API, is it possible to know, for a given student, who marked (graded) each criterion in a rubric? In large courses, assignments are often marked by a group of markers. It's not unusual t...

01-07-2018

How to Submit to an External Tool Type Assignment?

First follow the steps here to create an Assignment of submission type External tool. How do I add an external app as an assignment submission type?  My question is how do a student submit a...

02-23-2017

Submit Assignment via API

I followed the documentation here to submit a file ... Uploading Files - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation The end result is a file added to the user's personal file space, and I got back a file...

09-21-2016

Canvas API and Swagger

Looks like Canvas is using Swagger as the API definition format. and judging by the Live API (https://<canvashost>/doc/api/api-docs.json ) it is using Swagger version 1.2 My question is does...

08-17-2016

POST Submission via API result in 401 Unauthorized

I am trying to develop a C# program that will post files as student assignment submissions into Canvas via Canvas API. The documentation I am following is here Uploading Files - Canvas LMS REST...

08-17-2016

API Monitoring

I would like to know if there are any recommended ways to monitor Canvas API changes? Does anyone know any automated tools that could make this job easier? We are starting to rely on Canvas API ...

08-01-2016

Using Canvas API to generate a Canvas API Access Token

Is there a Canvas API method I can call that will generate a Canvas API Access Token based on an user identity I passed in? The scenario I have is, we have a list of system level users (used for i...

04-14-2016

Canvas User Id in LTI Request when Teacher is in Student View

Step to peproduce: Open a fresh browser session Login to Canvas Go to Course (that you are a teacher role of), Settings, Student View Go to an LTI tool At this point the Canvas sends a LTI t...

02-10-2016

Update LTI Tool Launch URL in Assignment

The scenario is we have two Canvas environments, the production Canvas, and a test environment which is automatically refreshed every 3 weeks base on the production data. When our users setup extern...

01-07-2016