Valentine Sky King's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

10 Things To Do While in Las Vegas for INSTCon24

One of the things I am known for by my friends and family is finding cool things to do or places to eat when visiting a new place. Vegas is not new to me at this point, but...

03-15-2024

New Quizzes: Print Blank Quiz Shows "Textsetting 100%" in Footer for Print as PDF or Save as PDF

When printing a blank quiz from New Quizzes either as Print as PDF or Save as PDF, it has "typesetting 100%" in the footer. We tried various browsers and tried changing font size, to no avail. The de...

10-10-2023

#INSTCon23 Networking: Don't Strike Out

Conferences can be a great experience. However, you want to make sure that you get the most out of them, so let's talk about how to network like the pro that you are.   Plan Ahead for N...

07-19-2023

Canvas in Elective Course (Art, Ceramics, Woodshop, etc.) Ideas

As a facilitator in the Canvas Certified Educator Program, one of our awesome participants asked for ideas of integrating Canvas with elective courses (like Art, Ceramics, Woodshop, etc.). I passed t...

08-20-2021

Canvas Community - How I love thee

Canvas Community In early March, we knew what was coming. Right before St. Patty's Day several Canvas community members came together to hash out a series of livestream webinars to help our globa...

02-10-2021

ClicK-12 Free Webinar for Parents & Guardians 9/10, 7:30pm ET

YOU GOT THIS! SURVIVING VIRTUAL SCHOOL THIS FALL Thursday September 10th | 7:30 - 8:30 pm ET Calling all parents and guardians! After spending the last few weeks with 3,800+ educators from acro...

09-03-2020

Allowlist versus Whitelist

As we all become more culturally competent, many of us are reflecting inwardly about how we can make a difference. I recently came across this article on words steeped in racism. I encourage Instruct...

09-01-2020

ClicK-12 Free Webinar Series from FIU Online

ClicK-12 (free) Webinar series powered by FIU Online Simple Ways to Digitize Your Classroom Article by Monica Smith The live virtual workshops are part of the FIU Online Community Learning por...

07-17-2020

Celebration Animation for 0 errors in Link Validator

A new feature was released when students submit an assignment on-time, they get a celebration animation to reward their effort (similar to typing in "congratulations" on FB). Joy should be share...

04-16-2020

Hats off to Dr. Richmond - FIU Marketing

Dear Dr. Nancy Richmond,   My Twitter feed has been pretty sour lately with coronavirus this, COVID19 that, and strained learning professionals, eager to help as many people as they...

03-30-2020

Remote Teaching Resources for Business Continuity

Instructional designers and other learning professionals were quick to collaborate and share best practices. One awesome person (Daniel Stanford) started a Google Doc listing contingency plans, world...

03-12-2020

Social Media & FERPA - All Things Considered

...ifferent platforms for diverse purposes and at different stages in their life. They share information about themselves publicly. Instructors are seeking to engage with students where they already d...

03-02-2020

CanvasCasters Podcast : Big 3 Loves

As we move into the month of love, I'd like to share my love and appreciation for the CanvasCasters podcast (anchor.fm) . It's amazing to hear such great Canvas stories from fellow Canvas users....

01-28-2020

Bringing Virtual Reality into the Online Classroom

At FIU Online (based in Miami, Florida International University) we are blessed to be able to participate in a variety of professional development opportunities, such as leading conference prese...

10-31-2019

CanvasCasters Podcast: Have Ears, Will Listen... & Subscribe

I don't know about you, but I love podcasts. I would never do my own, so I especially laud and respect those that do. Know what else I love? Canvas & the Canvas Community.  Now those ...

10-30-2019

Grade Changes & Comments Have Been Released - Notification

Howdy, I have most of my Canvas notifications set to "off" (I spend more time in Canvas than my own home). There are only like 2 items that are set to daily summary [administrative notifications &am...

10-25-2019

Recap: Student Success & Engagement in High Enrollment Courses

Presentation Title Carving the Waves of Student Success and Engagement in High-Enrollment Courses   Summary Presenters were instructional designers from Arizona State University: Adrienne Wo...

08-09-2019

Unconferencing - Community Style

Last year when I attended InstructureCarn [my first InstCon], I learned about the unconference after the shuttle and flights were booked. Whomp, whomp. Once I learned what actually happened at an unc...

07-24-2019

Nuts and bolts: Discovery in Designing for Desktop & Mobile

Recently, I was given a new toy to play with: Canvas LMS. To be honest, it's not Christmas unless something tech is involved. My institution is currently piloting Canvas (currently using Bb) and I'm ...

07-20-2017