James Sanzin's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Export roster to Google Classroom

I initially though this was unnecessary, but that has changed. I am finding many platforms, such as EDpuzzle and Quizizz that enable students to log in with Google Classroom.  The also allow you...

11-07-2017

Why is PowerSchool Data not pushing over for the new school year?

PowerSchool data is not importing for the new year. This is my first new school year as a Canvas Admin. I took over semester 2 of last year and for the most part, data just pushed over.  Addi...

08-04-2017

What are some problems you encounter in PowerSchool SIS integrations with Canvas?

Just looking for a heads up on problems with PowerSchool integrations. What were they, how did you solve them?

07-14-2017

More details on instructor assignment view

This is our current view. I would like to see details of the assignment such as: Group assignment Groups used Post to SIS Currently we have to click edit to see this information. 

05-02-2017

[SIS] Display and push to SIS total module score

I would like to see the total points earned on an individual module in the grade book. I would also like to be able to push this score to our SIS instead of individual grades from the module.  I...

04-26-2017

Override UI changes - On or Off?

I still have several students who are not getting pushed over from PowerSchool. My teachers are needing the students in ASAP.  I am generally having to resort to manually creating these students...

04-06-2017

Student entered in PowerSchool without email

Hello community, I have a quick scenario. Students are entered into PowerSchool almost instantly as they enroll in my school district. Student email may not be created until a few days later. Does...

03-21-2017

What does "Stopped viewing the Canvas quiz-taking page..." mean in the quiz log? Does this mean they opened a new window or tab?

This is the first time I have seen this. The student was taking the quiz while not under my direct observation and their score was higher than normal.  Does this mean anything?

02-10-2017

Any idea why PowerSchool is not adding all students to Canvas?

I recently took over  as Canvas Admin. Good news is that more teachers are starting to jump onboard with Canvas. The bad news is that I am getting bombed with a lot of students who are not in Ca...

02-06-2017