Thomas Domas's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Do urls from progress objects expire after a certain amount of time?

I am doing post requests with the Canvas API  to generate quiz summary reports. When I went to check the progress URLs to see if all the quizzes loaded, I couldn't access any of them. I received...

01-27-2023

Is there an email rate limit?

Is there a limit to how many canvas emails someone can send per second, minute, or hour? If there is, what is that limit?

08-03-2022

Adding a calendar event to student calendars

When I try to add a calendar event to a student's personal canvas calendar (the calendar that is independent of courses), my api call returns saying it is unauthorized. Is there any permission I can ...

08-02-2022

messaging a student using Canvas' conversations api call without having a shared course

Is it possible for an admin to send an email to a student's canvas inbox without being in the same course as that student? If so, what permissions do I need to request from my institution?

07-30-2022

Download link not always provided when requesting student analysis report

Hi, I work in analytics for my institution. I currently have a script that downloads all student analysis reports through the Canvas API, but it throws an exception about every 5GB of data because ...

01-05-2022

what is the maximum value the seconds_late variable can have in submissions api call

Is there a cut off value? I imagine the values can get fairly large. 

11-18-2021

Canvas API assignment listing's use_for_grading var false despite being used for grading

Hi, I'm a member of an analytics team for my institution. I am trying to get all rubrics that have been used for grading. I use the following api call  url:GET|/api/v1/courses/:course_id/assig...

11-16-2021

How to see student's flagged/bookmarked questions

Is there a way inside the api to see what questions students decided to skip and come back to during a quiz?

11-02-2021

Downloaded Quiz Reports Sometimes Have No Column Names

I am using the Quiz Reports API to download quiz reports as csv, and then I use Python's Pandas library to read and manipulate the csvs. I notice that when I download with the API, sometimes the head...

10-29-2021

High Rate Of 504 Errors From API When Downloading Quiz Reports

Hi, this is my first post. I work in analytics for for my institution. I built a program that goes through canvas and downloads the Student Analysis reports for each quiz in each course. However, I s...

10-28-2021