Simon Millar's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

The new Catalog API (DON'T DELETE) user account with the Account Admin role

Hi,    I noticed in two of our environments a new Account Admin was created called Catalog API (DON'T DELETE). We place restrictions on our top level account users and have been removing...

08-25-2021

I see discrepancies in the documented event metadata and the actual course_completed event

Hi All,      I am experimenting with the course_completed live event and have it working for my target course. It responds with a cut down metadata object missing the following field...

07-06-2021

What are the Canvas Catalog API rate limits?

Firstly this is a Canvas Catalog question. Let me know if I am asking this question in the wrong location. I want to build an integration that needs to poll Canvas Catalog with a high volume of cal...

07-01-2021

The delete user API is throwing a 500 instead of 404

Hi All,      I am in the process of replacing the role on one of our service accounts. The account will move from "Account Admin" to a custom account that allows all the same API cal...

06-29-2021

The "Course - delete" permission is not permitting courses to be deleted

Hi All,     We are trying to replace our root "Account Admin" users with lower privileged accounts. We have an API that uses the "delete /courses/{courseId}?" API. When it is called ...

06-24-2021

Make the "Account-level settings - manage" permission more granular

We have been conducting security reviews of user roles in Canvas and want to redesign the roles to allow the minimum access necessary for individuals to still be able to complete their work. We hav...

06-17-2021

Does the Canvas Data Portal require a Root level Account Admin user account?

We are active users of the Canvas Data Portal (CDP) and are doing a security review of high level account access in Canvas. We have a Root Level Account Admin service account with a name that suggest...

06-10-2021

The "Account-level settings - manage" permission is to coarse grained

We have been conducting security reviews of user roles in Canvas and want to redesign the roles to allow the minimum access necessary for individuals to still be able to complete their work. We hav...

06-09-2021

What is the annual cost of adding a non production Canvas Cluster for our university?

Hi All,    I looked at the web site and reached out to our Customer Success Manager and don't have an answer to the following: Can someone please respond:  We have been discussing ...

05-20-2021

Does Canvas have an Obfuscation tool to apply to test and beta environments?

Hi All,    As you know the Canvas clusters all clone top level data down to the test and beta environments on a regular bases. This can be helpful for Support departments to reproduce iss...

05-12-2021

The default error message for the 'Full Name' field input validation is different in Production and Dev

If I load the registration page for a course in our dev environment, click on 'full name' and tab off the 'Name is required' error message is displayed. If I do the same in our production t...

01-20-2019

Trying to add validation to the default Email text box with Custom JS

Hi All,    We have a requirement to add additional formatting rules to the email passed through the registration page. We need to confirm that the email has our domain name and is n...

11-28-2018

Using Custom JS to check Canvas Catalog non required checkboxes

Hi,    Prior to the last release we were using custom JS to set some common checkbooxes to style.display=none, insert our own replacement dropdown box that when clicked on would 'check' ...

11-25-2018

Did you drop ember.js for Canvas Catalog?

HI,   We saw most of our JS customisation break with the Catalog change that was pushed on the weekend (3rd Nov 2018). If I inspect the registration-page elements I see that you have dropped ...

11-08-2018