Jennifer Crawford's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Export List of Courses

This may be a very basic question, but what is the best (read: easiest) way to pull a list of courses housed in each catalog? If I export the Revenue Report, I'm getting a HUGE file with ev...

05-29-2018

Award Credits in Multiple Sections

I have a course that is used for recertification purposes for our principals. I created the course in 2015, and have added revised the enrollments to add new principals each year.  So now I have...

04-27-2018

API Error

I'm working with a colleague to try and mass import outcomes into our Beta instance and we're not having any luck... After some time, I went to the Canvas Live API and attempted to Post a s...

02-13-2018

Allow Admins to View PDF Transcripts

My K-12 school district uses the Canvas Catalog as a way to "advertise" and track teacher professional development (PD) and we get TONS of questions regarding the teachers' transcripts, especially wh...

11-28-2017

NWEA MAP and Canvas

Our district is looking for ways to integrate student MAP scores and the NWEA Learning Continuum into Canvas and the learning mastery gradebook.  Are there any districts or schools that are doin...

10-31-2017

"This submission is not in any grading period"

Today, I had several teachers that found a grayed out box in their gradebook that says "This submission is not in any grading period". It is only for select students and does not allow the teacher&nb...

10-10-2017

Excuse a Section from an Assignment?

We are using PowerTeacher Pro and assignments have to be assigned to all sections with a due date or to Everyone in order to pass from Canvas to PTP.  My thought was teachers would assign to eve...

10-02-2017

Sub-account admins being denied permissions

I've created a custom role at the account level for my instructional tech coach team.  The permissions include (among other things) View All Users and Modify Login Details for Users.  ...

09-20-2017

Missing Assignments Report

I'm looking for an EASY way for leadership at the sub-account level (principals at a school) to be able to pull a report of students with missing assignments.  The high schools in my d...

09-01-2017

Courses Not Showing on Transcripts

I'm having a ton of issues with courses not showing on participant's transcripts.  The course term is closed, the completion module is based on attendance and attendance is showing in the gradeb...

08-28-2017

Remove Assignment Category in All Courses

I  know this can be done through an API call, but my API experience is limited and something that takes an experienced user 2 minutes takes me 2 days...  I'm sure I could figure it out, but...

08-11-2017

Crosslisting Assistant

I've come across a couple of institutions (both higher ed) that are using a crosslisting assistant to help their professors easily crosslist their courses.  I am an admin in a K-12 district, and...

07-17-2017

Attendance and PowerSchool

Are there any K-12 districts using Canvas for attendance?  And if so, how are you passing that information back to your SIS (specifically PowerSchool)?  I'm getting a lot of questions from ...

07-05-2017

Copy roles and permissions

Is there a way to "copy" a custom role and its permissions from one sub-account to another?  I am creating a Guidance Counselors role with permissions allowing them to search courses and users a...

07-04-2017

Create roles/permissions at the course level

I would like for Canvas admins or instructors to be able to create and manage roles and permissions for individual courses.  Many of our courses are used as Communities of Practice or Profession...

05-08-2017

Post Final Grade ONLY

Do any districts/schools pass ONLY the final grade in a course from Canvas to PowerSchool?  Is there a way to do that?  Thanks!

04-24-2017

Customize the "Enrollment period closed..." Message

Is there a way to customize the "Sorry! Enrollment period is close.  Check back soon..." message?  For certain catalogs, enrollment will open for all courses on a specific day and time and ...

03-31-2017

Completed Date on Transcript

I am an account and Catalog admin.  Does anyone know how I can get the user transcript in Catalog to show a Completed date?  Is it not tied to the course close date?  Or the ...

03-13-2017

Delete Tags from Catalog

Any catalog admins know how to delete Tags from the Catalog?  Not delete them from the category, but delete them all together?  

02-08-2017

Ideas Up for Vote

Hi Cataloggers!  I have a few ideas up for vote right now that I think would be game changing for those of us using Catalog.  Please go and give me a thumbs up!  Thanks!

01-23-2017