brian_mullins's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Postman issues with CD2

I've downloaded the Postman environment and API defs but am having trouble getting authorized. I can run getJWT just fine, it sets a token, but then none of the other calls work, all returning the sa...

05-01-2023

Why we choose to do custom rostering of Canvas

I get asked often how we use our custom SIS Imports rostering and why we choose to take that path. After writing nearly the same summary over and over again and emailing it to the requester during th...

11-14-2022

A bit about account structure

When we were young and dumb, we just created a sub-account structure that mimicked what we had in our SIS. We had our root account, of course, and under that we had the following 3 sub-accounts: El...

11-14-2022

Generating Parent/Observer accounts from the SIS

...hen I can refer to this when asked in the future. Also, I'm eager to hear from the community your thoughts on our method. We use Edupoint's Synergy as our SIS. I'm not able to share any code here public...

11-14-2022

Add Homeroom_course boolean value to the provisioning report

It would be great if the provisioning report's courses.csv output would include the homeroom_course flag as it is currently set on the course.

09-14-2021

as_user_id not working

Good morning, I've been working on a process to set notifications to off for new parent-observer accounts, and am using the following URL in a PUT to flip the bits, but get an error ...

05-31-2018

See request body using the Canvas Live API

I'm trying to build out some code to manage notifications, and am hitting a wall. Using the Live API, I can do the Notification PUT to update a notification preference, supplying he correct para...

05-31-2018

Use API to get user's Last Login date?

I'm not seeing a way to use the API to get the user's last login date... Here's my scenario: We are creating user accounts for our parents based on them having a similar account in our SIS. Howeve...

05-08-2018

Bad dates in csv files

Good afternoon, I'm trying to import our discussion_topic_dim files into a local SQL DB and the CSV file has at least 2 records with the following data in the delayed_post_at field: 0100-01-01 ...

04-18-2017