Jed Keenan's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[To Do] Shows Due date, why not Until date or both?

Problem statement: Inconsistently Assignment details show Until date, but To Do list shows Due date. Proposed solution: Why not show one or other or both the Due date and Until date? I prefer t...

02-14-2024

Respondus LockDown Browser alternatives

We use Assignments, because we use Turnitin, and we have integrated them with our SIS to have grade data automatically go across. Unfortunately, Respondus LockDown Browser does not work with Ass...

12-04-2023

Word count SpeedGrader

Word count in SpeedGrader is wildly inaccurate. I have two instances that are not a couple of words off but over a thousand words off. They are both files saved as PDF 1.7 files from MS Word b...

11-18-2023

Anonymised (anonymized) identifiers in Assignments change

When a student is unenrolled, the anonymised identifiers in Assignments change. Can these be made constant? Anonymised identifiers are not associated with a specific student they are associate...

11-02-2023

Google Analytics GA4 - stopped working on 5 October

Is GA tracking working still on your instance of Canvas? I changed nothing but is no longer works.

10-16-2023

Data dimensions for use in Google Analytics and Looker Studio dashboards

I have these six dimensions from tweaking the guidence from @dtod on https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Developers-Group/Google-Analytics-4/m-p/500904 Canvas Roles - ENV.current_user_ro...

07-13-2023

Restrict all student profile image change/replacement

We are integrating SIS with Canvas and the plan is to have user portrait images populate from SIS to Canvas. Is there a Canvas-wide admin setting that restricts students from changing their profile ...

02-10-2023

[Discussions] Save all text entered into Discussion replies.

In Assignments text entered into the HTML editor is auto saved but, in Discussions, it is not. Is there any chance that this functionality is extended to Discussion Replies so that when students refr...

09-28-2022

Add forms and availability listings to pages

I would like to add forms and availability listings to pages so that students can book Scheduler tutorials and provide feedback/submit data/contact faculty members etc. from a course home page. How ...

07-22-2022

[Course Settings] Including Enrolled Teachers when Copying a Course

I am copying 150 courses to the next academic year. I want to copy across the enrolled teachers. How long does it take for this sort of suggestion to be considered, and for action to be completed?

07-14-2022

[Assignments] Assignment Late Submission Popup Notification with Clear Explanation

Where an Assignment's availability is the same as the deadline, and a student tries to make a late submission it shows a popup error message, which would be better phrased, but where the availability...

07-04-2022

[Files] WebP file format

I know that HEIC is a proprietary file format so will never be supported because to render it requires a licence but what is the progress on supporting the WebP file format?

06-17-2022

[Profiles] Show Action Log and User Data to Users in their Profile

Is there a reason to hide the personal action logs and analytical data from users? If there isn't then it would be useful for induction to present their usage data and log to users as it would make t...

05-30-2022

Move Turnitin Tickbox

Assessments with Turnitin activated have a tickbox that presents 'below the fold'. It would be useful for students and for Registry foe this to be located inline with the Submit Assessment button in...

05-27-2022

Move Turnitin Tickbox

Assessments with Turnitin activated have a tickbox that presents 'below the fold'. It would be useful for students and for Registry foe this to be located inline with the Submit Assessment button i...

05-25-2022

[Assignments] Automatic submission option

I have built assignment with a deadline and no late submissions. Students miss the deadline anyway. Quizzes automatically submit on the deadline. Can an option be added to automatically submit ...

05-25-2022

Option to build a dropdown menu for grades in SpeedGrader

There are restrictions on the marking points and grades available and I can set this in the rubric but, what would be very useful is to provide the capacity in SpeedGrader to set the full ra...

04-29-2022

[Assignments] Width of the Due Date Container

It would be very useful to widen the containers in Assignment Edit so that the times in Available From and Until are presented in full. We have lots of minute specific end times and seeing them in ...

04-29-2022

Google Analytics (GA4) Measurement ID tracking code insertion

Jeremy Perkins' blog entry from 2019 is excellent but on following the guide, including escull's edit to the non-minified script and including the GA4 Measurement ID in line ...

04-21-2022