DanL's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

CD2: Query Repository / Sharing

I thought I'd start a thread for posting Canvas Data 2 queries we've found useful, and not being a DBA myself, for review/feedback if you have found better ways of getting the same data. Users Query...

04-13-2023

Process as UI changes should be as-if done as UI change

Problem statement: Process as UI changes should be as-if done as UI change. Using this still does NOT allow a Teacher, if granted the permission: Users - Students -> Students - remove the ability...

09-06-2022

[Admin Tools] Data Services: manual updates only

Problem statement: Data Services (not to be confused with Canvas Data Portal) are great for checking on live updates to data in your system, however there does not appear to be a way to ONLY report ...

09-06-2022

[Courses] Course Search Enhancements (Course Templates Checkbox, etc.)

As Admins, several items we would love to see in the Course Search feature: Add a "Show only course templates" checkbox to go along with "Show only blueprint courses" Allow wildcard searching ...

05-13-2022

[Courses] Make "2 Courses" count in Sub-Account tree a link to showing those courses

When the Sub-Account tree shows: Institution Name 1 Course 14 Sub-Accounts It's very difficult to actually find that course (or those courses) in the Course search amongst the rest of the ...

05-13-2022

Allow skipping weekly or monthly refresh clone of production to beta or test

Sometimes we need a longer testing window than provided by the default beta and/or test instance refresh schedules of weekly and monthly.   Allow clients to "skip" a refresh an upcoming clon...

04-28-2022

Live Production Database Replication

A read-only live production database replication instance we can query to help us troubleshoot issues and also get up-to-the-minute data on user, course and enrollment issues/status. Other LMS solu...

04-28-2022