AllisonHowell's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Releasing Modules to Students and Sections

As you’ve seen in previous blog posts, we’re working on being more transparent about what’s happening behind the scenes as we work to deliver value to you. I’m excited to share an update with where w...

03-25-2024

Unlocking Effortless Content Creation in 2024

We’ve heard you loud and clear and have been spending the past year experimenting with ways to solve a persistent problem for instructional designers and instructors who create content in Canvas – ho...

12-18-2023

Enhance the Dashboard and To Do List experience

Theme Overview Make the Dashboard even more powerful by allowing more control over what is displayed and improve navigation and ease of use What value could this provide to users? ...

12-05-2023

Update and improve Blueprint workflows and syncing options

Theme Overview Streamline Blueprint workflows to save admins time and improve the experience for educators.  What value could this provide to users? Additional content (e.g. Feature ...

07-21-2023

Streamline the experience and reduce the cognitive load of modules

Theme Overview This theme prioritizes the learner's experience when using modules, supporting student-driven learning with a simplified user interface and addressing common pain points for both lea...

07-21-2023

Increase control over course import and course copy behavior

Theme Overview Improved user experience, more granular controls over course import and course copy behavior, and reconsidered defaults. What value could this provide to users? Im...

06-15-2023

Coming Soon: Bulk Publish and Unpublish Modules!

I’m thrilled to share that we are releasing the ability to bulk publish and unpublish modules and module items, saving you precious time and helping to streamline course creation year after year.&nbs...

05-16-2023

New design and student pacing coming to production May 20!

I want to express my gratitude to this group for all of the great feedback you've provided since we've released Course Pacing. Your input has been so important to the development process.  I w...

05-16-2023

Take new or different actions on data

Theme Overview Admins and instructors can take action on their data. What value could this provide to users? Admins and instructors can take relevant action based on the data they see.

05-15-2023

New font selection available for Canvas for Elementary

I’m happy to share an exciting update coming to Canvas LMS in the Canvas Release Notes (2023-05-20): a new font option available for Canvas for Elementary! We’ve heard overwhelmingly positive feedbac...

04-17-2023

FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITY: Help us improve your experience with Canvas Pages!

Canvas Pages are a unique and powerful tool for content delivery and collaboration, but we’re looking to make some changes to allow instructors to change the title of a page without worrying about li...

03-10-2023

Coming soon: Adjust individual student paces in Course Pacing!

I’m happy to share that some big changes are coming to beta on February 20. Instructors using Course Pacing will be able to edit and adjust individual student paces, allowing for more flexibility and...

02-15-2023

Improve Gradebook settings options

Theme Overview Instructors want more options in Gradebook settings to grade more efficiently and optimize their workflows. What value could this provide to users? Instructors can remove a...

02-05-2023

Provide more flexible grading options

Theme Overview Instructors need more flexible grading options to comply with institutional or personal policies and preferences. What value could this provide to users? Instructors can ap...

02-04-2023

Broaden support in Canvas for competency-based education initiatives

Theme Overview A growing number of institutions want additional tools in building their competency/outcomes-based courses. What value could this provide to users? Canvas Outcomes can be t...

01-31-2023

Enhance assignment rules and functionality

Theme Overview Instructors need more options for assignment dates, deadlines, and rules to meet their own teaching goals, improve the student experience, and to comply with institutional policies. ...

01-31-2023

Expand support for student-driven learning in Canvas

Theme Overview Instructors want additional controls to encourage student-led, self-paced learning in their courses. What value could this provide to users? Rubrics are more accessible for...

01-31-2023

Facilitate timely feedback for students

Theme Overview Instructors want additional functionality to enable timely/real-time feedback for their students. What value could this provide to users? Instructors can view student work ...

01-31-2023

Fine-tune accessibility in Canvas and Canvas Studio

Theme Overview Admins and instructors want to reduce the time they spend making their Canvas content accessible. What value could this provide to users? Videos uploaded by students and in...

01-31-2023

Improve syncing across shared courses and Canvas content items

Theme Overview Instructors want smarter syncing across different parts of Canvas, including Canvas Commons, to save time and reduce inconsistencies in content.  What value could this pro...

01-31-2023