willmoin's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Advice on how to share a resource from the Commons?

We are looking to share some pre-prepared material with instructors, so that they can import into their Canvas courses to provide student support around peer evaluation. I have the materials now in C...

07-26-2023

[SpeedGrader] Removal of timestamps from 'Download Annotated PDF'

Problem statement: Instructors have found that the 'Download Annotated PDF' button results in a PDF that includes timestamps against when each comment or annotation is left. When viewed within Adobe...

08-24-2022

[SpeedGrader] Warning for Incomplete Rubric grading

We have been having an issue whereby grading staff are failing to fully complete rubrics when grading work in SpeedGrader. Because the rubric is often applied with the setting 'Use this rubric for as...

05-09-2022

Hyperlink font color in Rich Content Editor

Hi, I've noticed on our Canvas that any hyperlinks typed in in the Rich Content Editor are practically indistinguishable from the normal colour font. Once Published our standard theme is applied, b...

12-13-2021

Our resource on grading assignments using stylus and the Canvas Teacher app

Hi, not really a question... Just to share a resource we developed at our uni outlinining a workflow that our lecturers found for providing feedback and grading assignments using the Canvas Teacher...

10-21-2021

DD/MM/YY date format in excel files displaying as MM/DD/YY

Oh I love problems like this.... not! So one of our lecturers on our new install of Canvas was uploading a timetable in Excel format to her course and finds that the document viewer within Canvas i...

10-07-2021

[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] Bring "SpeedGrader Filtered by Student Group" to the Canvas Teacher app

We now have the incredibly useful 'Launch SpeedGrader Filtered by Student Group' course setting. This is useful for splitting up grading of paper in SpeedGrader based on group, e.g for different...

08-27-2021

Canvas Studio assignment submissions 'Invalid Launch' errors

Hi Folks,  We're getting an issue with Canvas and Canvas Studio whereby if an instructor sets up an assignment with Online> File Upload type, and student submits a Canvas Studio video, an e...

08-25-2021

Quiz Timer disconnection auto-submit

Hi Everyone,  Coming over from Blackboard I was really happy to see that the Quiz feature of Canvas had a decent Timer setup, that appears to keep counting down regardless if student leaves th...

05-11-2021

Anonymous grade reports on an anonymous assignment

Hi Folks,  I'm supporting various teams in our migration year (what a year) to Canvas at our uni, and we're now in Exam season we're trying to identify suitable workflows. A typical workflow...

04-15-2021

Mechanism for assigning an assignment or exam question from a random pool

Hi Folks,  We're getting this request quite a bit, obviously this year more than ever here in the UK where we'd normally have exam rooms, invigilators etc.  What we're finding is that s...

04-08-2021

Copy Files between courses like 'Copy To'/Direct Share

Hi All, we were pretty pleased with the Direct Share feature to copy content between courses and were promoting it as an alternative to the export/import tool. However a user has stumped me today, ...

02-08-2021

Was there a change made to the Collaborations tool provisioning group docs?

Hi All, We're just running off some training and showing the Collaborations feature. Last time I used this at a different uni, as an instructor you could create one new collaboration using O365, sele...

02-02-2021

Mastery Paths feeding into Module Requirements>Prereq for following module

Hi All, usual Xmas fun here.   I've got a module (A) with a mastery path in it. I have a following module (B) which has a Badgr digital badge gift. I have set A to have a Requirement of studen...

12-15-2020

Advice around Large Course design

Hi Folks, Our uni is mid-way through migration to Canvas from Blackboard. For the majority of our taught degrees which are modular in design this is pretty easy going, each 'module' (think ~12week u...

11-30-2020

Possibly not Canvas: Best way to annotate a PDF with stylus

Hi All, question here that might not be a Canvas specific. Has anybody got any favoured approaches for annotating students submitted pdfs with stylus inking, and then resaving as a pdf that students ...

11-13-2020

Ways to explain levels of Publishing in Canvas?

Hi Folks,  Was wondering if anybody had any good examples/ideas of explaining the different levels of publishing in Canvas? We're just migrating over at the moment at our uni and we're looking ...

10-19-2020

Duplicate correct answers in New Quizzes

Hi, we have a use case whereby we want there to be duplicate answers available within Matching question type, but not having the answer appear multiple times to student. This is fine in Classic but N...

04-17-2020

Where do videos recorded in RCE get stored and best approach

Hi All,  I'm just supporting a team who are looking at options for sharing narrated PowerPoints with students. One option I've identified (not necessarily the best) is taking a video file recor...

03-23-2020

Changes to our Rich Text Content Editor

Hi All, Noticed our rich text editor looks a bit different this evening. wondered if others had noticed or if it's just something our IT dept have enabled. Apologies been out of the Canvas loop for ...

01-22-2020