debra_mansperge's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Changing Assignment Online Submission Type - won't save new settings.

Help!  I'm trying to change an assignment to allow file uploads as well as text entry but it won't 'keep' my settings. This assignment was originally set up to allow a text box entry but I'd l...

05-13-2021

Direct Link to Commons item?

I have uploaded a module to commons so that my colleagues can use it in their courses.  I'd like to share a link directly to this but I don't see a way to do this.  Is there a way to share ...

03-26-2020

Embedding vs Hyperlinking Research

I am thinking about leading a seminar entitled "Keeping Students in Canvas."  I want to demonstrate ways to embed content into Canvas pages rather than linking to it.  I think it keeps stud...

08-08-2019

YouTube Changed Embed Options

This is somewhat of a note to myself.  Up until recently, YouTube would allow sharing videos without related videos using an option on the Share:Embed popup.  I was updating some pages last...

10-21-2018

Anchor a div?

Inspired by  @tom_gibbons  course on HTML I am trying to come up with a grid based home page for my courses.  He, very smartly, uses graphics files to layout his grid and anc...

08-07-2018

Gradebook History Unavailable in Merged Course

I have two Canvas courses that I have merged into one.  The gradebook history is not available at all - I get a message saying "The gradebook history page is not currently available for a course...

10-13-2016