tobe_baeyens's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Enable for all users: Include Byte-Order Mark in Compatible Spreadsheet Exports

If you go to profile/settings in Canvas, you can enable the option: Include Byte-Order Mark in Compatible Spreadsheet Exports. This option is turned off by default for our users. We would like ...

06-14-2023

New Quizzes: Show course navigation menu

The course navigation menu (home, announcements, assignments,...) is missing in new quizzes. Idea: Show the course navigation menu while editing and taking a quiz in New Quizzes.

02-19-2020

New RCE - add link to new uploaded document to selected text

Hi,   I can't add add a link to a newly uploaded document to selected text in the new RCE. In the old RCE you can select some text and add a link to a newly added document without changing t...

02-17-2020

Speedgrader on a tablet: recommendations

Hey, One of our teachers wants to use speedgrader on the go. What would you recommend? Is speedgrader compatible with every tablet? Is it better to use a browser or the Canvas teacher app to g...

09-19-2019

Can a student unenroll a section?

Hi, One of our teachers did add students to a newly created section. After a few weeks he noticed that two students were not enrolled in the section anymore. The students told the teacher th...

09-16-2019

Assignments as fundamental building blocks

Share how you approach course design. How do you organize content so it’s efficient for both instructors and students? What tips and/or tools can you share? Assignments are the fundamental bui...

05-14-2019

Providing structure with modules

Share how you approach course design. How do you organize content so it’s efficient for both instructors and students? What tips and/or tools can you share? Designing an effective course in Ca...

05-09-2019

Allow comments for Arc video in Canvas group

Hi, Our students use Arc to share the video's they made. They do this in groups in Canvas in a discussion. When they click the blue Arc video button in the WYSIWYG editor, they can allow commen...

11-08-2018

Flexible course template

Hey, I've been trying to come up with a course template that's easy to use, helps teachers to structure their content, and supports different kinds of learning. I would really appreciate your fee...

10-17-2018

How to add a new course to all courses but not to the users dashboard through api?

Hey, We created a lot of new courses for the new term. Our teachers do manually add stars to courses so they can decide which courses appear on their dashboard. All the new courses that where c...

08-29-2018

When do you archive / remove / disable users and content?

Hey, We started with Canvas in September 2017. We have an automatic synchronisation with our student information system. All courses, sections and users are synchronised. In a few months we will m...

03-14-2018

How can you use the InstructureIcons in pages?

Hey, Is there an easy way to use the icons from the stylesheet (http://instructure.github.io/instructure-icons/ ) in pages? Do teachers need to upload these icons into there course or can the...

02-28-2018

Course design in Canvas - guidance

We started with Canvas a year ago. Our teachers did learn how to use Canvas and started organizing their courses without much guidance. Every course is different. Most courses have a landing page wit...

02-26-2018

How to add upcoming courses to Canvas?

Hey, This is our first year that we are using Canvas. In the next months we will have to add the courses for the next academic year (2018-2019). We are a little bit unsure of how this will work...

02-15-2018

Minimalistic template design

I've created this simple template based on information I read in some other posts. Desktop Mobile Header image The header image is created with https://www.canva.com/ . I jus...

02-14-2018

Send error reports to external helpdesk system

Is it possible to send error reports to an external helpdesk system. We are using 1 helpdesk system for all customer support in our institution. We added a custom link to the Can...

10-25-2017

Create mobile learning experiences

Canvas has a great mobile app. It can't do everything, but it can be used to create great mobile learning experiences.   Communication The mobile app makes it possible to communicate with ...

07-14-2017

Find courses with a lot of activity

Hey, We have more than 4000 Canvas courses in our institution. I was wondering how I could find courses that have a lot of activity. Teachers of these courses are probably early adopters. It would...

07-12-2017

Add a box with extra information in the course settings page

Hey, We would like to add some extra information for teachers to the course settings page. It could be an html snippet that we can place above the settings or in the right collumn. We want to make s...

04-05-2017

Mobile app icon (android, ios)

Hey, It's possible to change the icon for the Canvas app through the theme editor. The icon is used in the app launcher in android and ios. We have done this but nothing has changed on my home scr...

04-05-2017