Julian Ebeli's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Course Settings] After cross-listing the donor course should have a message saying where the students have moved to

Problem statement: When a section is cross-listed from one course to another, the donor course no longer has any visible evidence of the section's existence. If as an admin, I'm looking for students...

03-21-2024

[API] Using login[declared_user_type] to control which roles a user can have in +people

Problem statement:   We have a problem with teachers being able to add students to courses as teachers (even just accidentally). Most are unaware of the consequences (ie. markbook visibili...

05-15-2023

[Admin Tools] Course filtering options don't make sense

  Here I've selected hide courses with 0 students and show only blueprints. Blueprints can not have students, so I can't see any bluerints. If you click "show only blueprints" it should turn "h...

02-02-2022

course self-enrollment url is not visible

My course is not displaying the self-enrollment url. It should be just under the 'fewer options' switch. What is the cause of this? And what is the solution? When I created the new cou...

11-01-2021

graphql error querying with user id

Hi I'm having a problem get data for a specific user from the graphql API my graphql query is: query MyQuery($courseID: ID!) { course(id: $courseID) { enrollmentsConnection { nodes ...

10-10-2021

Enrolments section of the User Profile page needs some attention

/accounts/a/users/b is the user profile page. In the "Name and Email" section there are a set of controls: Edit | Act as User | Merge with Another User | Delete from the school. In the "Login Inf...

08-04-2021

Blueprint hierarchy

Does anyone know why a blueprint course has to be in the same or a higher subaccount to its associated courses? Why doesn't it work the otherway around? I mean what is the technical reason for th...

03-24-2021

[Accounts] remove consecutive whitespace from user names

John  Smith is a valid username. Do you see the problem with it? You will never find it in the people list if you assume the 2 spaces in the name should just be 1 space. Canvas don't consi...

03-16-2021

[Courses] non recursive course list

Our root account has 82 Courses 25 Sub-Accounts. When I look at the course list at the root level there are 3910 pages of results, 58,650 courses I can not find the 82 courses at the root level in ...

03-11-2021

[SpeedGrader] Speed grader should alert user if any section filters are applied in the gradebook

This idea applies to the browser interface of Canvas If a section filter is applied in the markbook this filter is also applied to the speed grader. This has caused confusion for many of my teach...

11-29-2020

[Account Settings] Theme control in subaccounts

The root account has an option Let sub-accounts use the Theme Editor to customise their own branding. This option applies to the entire institution.   It would be good if this option...

05-21-2020

schema.json constraints

Hi We're setting up an Azure mirror of our Canvas Data. We're using the schema.json to help build out the required tables, indexes and foreign key constraints. My question is about the relations...

10-08-2018

Put user in a role via api

Is it possible to put a user into a role using the api? And if it is what is the call you need to make? Thanks

03-22-2018