mark_crane's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Speedgrader] Automatically move to next assignment in Speedgrader after entering comment or score

Problem statement: When moving through low stakes assignments in the speedgrader, I have to drag the cursor up to the right arrow/next student. arrow and select the next student. It can get tedious....

09-22-2023

[Modules] Automatically generate Module titles based on calendar

Problem statement: Every semester I label each module, which represents one week of class. Week 2: August 28-September 3 TOPIC OF WEEK I'd love it if Canvas could generate those titles. Or if I coul...

09-01-2023

Displaying full text of student discussions on a single page

So a student had posted something to a discussion but couldn't remember what discussion it was, and wanted to use the text for a project.  I tried the following: Clicked on "People" Clicked ...

04-06-2023

[Inbox] Easily return to course after visiting the Inbox

Problem statement: I am on the homepage for a course. I click on "Inbox" to see new mail from students. Then I would like to return to the course. This involves: 1. clicking on the dashboard 2. clic...

10-10-2022

[Discussions] Make discussions annotatable in Speed Grader

When I am responding to discussion posts in SpeedGrader, I often would like to highlight passages or leave notes right on the text, rather than in an end comment.

07-04-2022

Applying late submission policies to complete/incomplete assignments

So a colleague has an assignment worth 50 points that is set up as complete/incomplete. They have their late submission policy so that the assignment is docked 50 percent if turned in late.  In ...

09-03-2020

How can I automatically update a shared course?

I am working with 50 instructors.  I would like to create a course where we can edit an assignment and have those changes show up in the 50 instances of the course immediately.  I have look...

07-31-2020