Sue Elvins's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Hopefully I'm doing this right..

I'm starting back with working on CANVAS again and this time I decided to build up a Higher Education classroom using a bit of business along the way. I'm going to share a URL and hopefully persons c...

07-04-2017

How do beginning teachers start?

I am a beginning teacher and would like to get involved teaching students plus using CANVAS. Are there job opportunities out there for someone who is just beginning to get into using CANVAS?&nbs...

07-03-2017

Weekly hours or open office hours your thoughts?

What is better a scheduled hour during the week for office hours or leaving the office door open for discussion? I am looking at the pros and cons on this matter and would like to hear thoughts on bo...

03-19-2017

Seeking college welcome and posting templates

Is there a simple template you can easily modify? I have a good idea of a direction that I want to go just not sure how far to take it - hope that makes sense. I am finding templates but they are foc...

03-16-2017

I am building ideas by using a simulator

Good morning everyone, I am sure the title has caught everyone by shock or surprise but once you get the reading my thoughts it might get your mind wondering.  I wanted to share a few thou...

02-25-2017

I have news and a question

Hopefully that is an okay way of starting this. Before I begin I must also say thank you because without the help of everyone I would not be where I am now and with that being said, thank you from th...

02-04-2017

Consider the publish of an online classroom to show skill

I was unable to complete my dissertation and it appears that I am being ignored by every place I apply to for an adjunct teaching option. I'm quite frustrated and trying to determine the best way to ...

12-27-2016

Create a Curriculum article discovery

Wanted to share a URL article I came across and will provide the first bit of it then link to the rest... "In our recent post, Education’s Curious Fascination With Uniformity, reader James Foss le...

09-11-2016

Build student interest by incorporating games to lesson

Found a URL while building my PBL ideas and thought I would share it How to Start Incorporating Games Into the Classroom

08-07-2016

Project-based learning

I've been deciding the best type of teaching for distance learning when creating course development and an area that just came to my attention is project based learning. After learning more about it ...

07-22-2016

Seeking advice on creating classroom with text book data

When creating a higher education classroom with use of a text book is there a particular way teachers like to do things? I'm just starting out with CANVAS and looking for some insight from others tha...

07-11-2016

Has InstructureCon2016 personnel considered streaming?

Can any of this be done via stream for those of us who cannot attend in person? Due to medical limitation I cannot drive but do have access to Skype as well as Internet accomidations. Has this option...

05-30-2016

Can adjunct teachers be safe when entering higher education world?

I most recently read about a career college located here in Omaha, Nebraska (news resource is below) and it is raising eyebrows because the learning level is higher education and secondly this career...

04-21-2016

Found myself in a predicament...

Have you ever experienced the creation of a course at the beginning, in my case week 3, and start thinking the direction is slightly off and something is missing? I have been looking over what wa...

02-22-2016

Unable to find answer for deleting syllabus documentation

I have been searching for information on how to correct an issue and there is nowhere on the website that is showing me how this can take place. I'm getting a bit frustrated as it seems this cannot h...

02-14-2016

Actually began a test build

After reading most of the late afternoon into the early evening and making plenty of bookmarks upon postings I wanted to see what I could come up with. Interestingly enough I managed to pull together...

02-13-2016

New to the Canvas LMS...

Have just discovered this LMS and after going through four hours plus of the training modules for teachers I am very connected and wanting to learn more about the course development as I am quite fas...

02-12-2016