rmurchshafer's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Make the Confetti for On-Time Submissions an Option

The recently released Assignment Submission Celebration has garnered quite a bit of conversation over the last month.  It's very obvious that they people of many different opinions about it.&nbs...

04-22-2020

There are too many people Zooming in my house!!!

Ok this is a really short post but might be helpful for some of you who have multiple adults and/or kids all doing Zoom meetings in the house and you keep hearing and being distracted by all of the o...

04-02-2020

Please use the right tool for the job

How many of you have seen the show "Bob the Builder"?  One of Bob's mantras is to use the right tool for the job.  This holds true for so many things in life and is not just limited to buil...

03-28-2020

Academic Coronavirus Preparedness Podcast

I've been making some recordings recently on the theme of dealing with with coronavirus shutdowns that so many schools have been experiencing.  I posted one of my episodes earlier dealing specif...

03-24-2020

Using Zoom to remote proctor an exam

I've had a case come where an instructor wants to be able to remotely proctor exams for a calculus course.  Being Calculus, it doesn't lend itself so well being an online exam because they ...

03-15-2020

A love story for Canvas

Dear Canvas, I love the way you tell me what to do every time I log in with the To Do list on the right side of the Dashboard.  You don't tie me down with restraints of havin...

02-12-2020

Report to see who all has set pronouns

With the addition of personal pronouns I am curious to see how many people set them in our instance of Canvas.  Has anyone found a report or other method to see if pronouns have been selected fo...

01-20-2020