kmclenna's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Canvas + Virtual Simulations = Upcoming OpenSimulator Community Conference

[Above] Learn About Virtual Learning Simulations at OSCC20, December 5-6, 2020 The 2020 OpenSimulator Community Conference will be held in the OpenSimulator Community Conference Grid (or OSCC Grid) ...

11-29-2020

In Search of Dual Purpose Assignment Groups...

The Canvas gradebook has a sort feature that is tied to the assignment groups that have been set-up on the Assignment page in a course site.  However, if the assignment groups are set-up with th...

02-28-2020

Canvas + Virtual Simulations = Upcoming OpenSimulator Community Conference

I wrote an open letter in the Hypergrid Business e-magazine in February 2017 -- about the need for an OpenSimulator (virtual learning simulation) viewer that can be integrated into Canvas.  My g...

11-22-2019

Upcoming Virtual World Learning Colloquium: Use Cases for Canvas Course Sites

Registration is now open for the Mainstreaming Virtual World Learning Colloquium @ https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mainstreaming-virtual-world-learning-colloquium-registration-525122...

11-23-2018

Recordings of Select Educator Presentations at the recent OSCC17 Virtual World Conference

...nline (Christer Lindstrom) - Described how public and private stakeholders are working together – using the OpenSimulator platform – to visualize, simulate, and plan future urban landscapes. Case Study S...

12-16-2017

Related to the Need to: Integrate a 3D Viewer into Canvas

Last February I posted an item on the Higher Education group discussion board (see Integrating a 3D Virtual World Viewer Into Canvas).  As further follow-up to this post, I wanted to focus the [...

11-29-2017

Opportunity to Learn About Virtual World Use in Education

...ow public and private stakeholders are working together – using the OpenSimulator platform – to visualize, simulate, and plan future urban landscapes. Spanish Language Learning (Martha Eugenia Lino a...

11-29-2017

Vote for a new profile picture feature in Canvas...

Dear Colleagues, I recently posted an idea for a new feature in Canvas = setting up a pool of possible profile pictures (like flowers, animals, etc.) that will enable some degree of personalizatio...

03-04-2017

Integrating a 3D Virtual World Viewer Into Canvas

I just published an "open letter" to all OpenSimulator viewer developers in the Hypergrid Business e-magazine -- to request a downloadable viewer in a file form that can be readily integrated into a ...

02-05-2017