mzimmerman's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

FontAwesome within Canvas themes

Has anyone set up Font Awesome ( https://fontawesome.com/ ) within Canvas?  It's in use on our website, and some of our instructional designers would like to use it within pages on Can...

11-01-2023

LTIs and changing login_ids

Hello all, In order to make login_ids consistent across multiple campus Canvas servers, our system is looking at doing a bulk update of login_ids, from using local campus identifiers to using syste...

06-20-2023

Re: creating/adding a new field of info for a user.

Hi @MoatazKhan12  No, it's not possible to adjust the record structure of the "users" record to add new fields, at least not if you are licensing the cloud-hosted SaaS version of Canvas.

05-25-2023

InCommon as an authentication provider?

Hi! We've been investigating options to allow collaborators/guest lecturers/etc. from outside our institution access to our Canvas instance.  One thought that has come up is using InCommon for...

08-09-2022

Parchment integration

We're investigating Parchment as a badging/certificate solution for our campuses. Has anyone seen any sort of integration between Catalog or Canvas, and Parchment? Thanks!

10-20-2021

Section end dates no longer overriding course end dates?

For quite a while, we have accommodated students with "Incomplete" in a class by adding a new section within the class, adding the student to that section, and setting the section to have an extended...

01-04-2021

Two-factor for local passwords?

We seem to remember this being an option somewhere, but can't find any documentation on it. Is there any support for two-factor (i.e. DUO) for local Canvas authentication?  We're implementi...

11-05-2019

Check individual user disk usage?

Just a quick question, since I can't seem to find a straightforward API to do it:  Is there a way to get a check our report on the disk usage for individual users?  We're contemplating r...

09-16-2019

Preventing default email from being changed

We appreciate the option that Canvas allows for users to create multiple channels to be notified within the system.  However, we are seeing the same issues described inhttps://community.canvaslm...

11-08-2018

Sending messages via the Conversations API

I am taking my first fumbling steps at scripting using the Rest APIs, so please be gentle! We have a survey coming up that will require us to send out individual/unique survey links to students, a...

10-19-2018

Observer pairing for advisors without Pairing Code?

As a university, we haven't played much with the "Observer" role and our user creation and enrollment is centrally managed so we don't allow self-registration.   However, now there is some in...

10-10-2018

Batch create users with local passwords they can change?

We create most of our users via feeds from our SIS system, and authenticate them via an external SSO linked to Active Director.  However, we do sometimes need to create batches of guest users wh...

05-31-2017

Logout URL for Shibboleth?

Given that Single Logout is not enabled by default in Shibboleth (and is not on our IdP), what is the recommended Logout URL when setting up a Shibboleth (SAML) authentication provider?   I...

12-22-2016