tnaylwar's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Calendar] Account Calendar should Remove students that are in "Past Enrollments."

Problem statement: When we had a middle school turn on their account calendar to auto-enroll students and staff that are linked to that sub-account, we received notifcations from students in high sc...

03-19-2024

[Gradebook] Don't Associate Undated Assignments with a Term

Problem statement: When a teacher is building a course that has grading periods, once they start the last quarter of the year they will see ALL the assignments that they have created but not yet est...

03-22-2023

Directions to carry over with a SIS sync to Focus as a checkbook yes or no

Currently, when we sync assignments from Canvas to Focus, our SIS, the directions from Canvas follow with the sync.  We love this feature, but some of our teachers would like to have the option ...

10-12-2021

Speech to text

Teacher are able to do speech-to-text to give their students feedback.  According to UDL, I believe we should have this feature enabled for students. 

03-18-2021

[Gradebook Settings] Default for Unpublished Assignments

In our school district we have been utilizing the TCC (thin common cartridges) for each of the textbooks.  Teachers load these entire textbooks into their course and when they go to the gradeboo...

10-14-2020

Canvas Commons without Announcements

A person shared their course on Canvas Commons and when I imported the course into my empty shell it came over with all their announcements.  Is there a way to import the content without all the...

05-21-2020

[Modules] Module Requirements a checkbox rather than a Dropdown

When creating modules for a K-5 environment or even a UDL design of a module it is best practice for a designer to chunk the data into small amounts of data on each "page" of the module.  Also, ...

05-15-2020

Nearpod and Canvas Integration

As admin for Canvas and Nearpod when we are testing out the Nearpod integration Nearpod lesson would not open on my administrators Canvasv course.  However, when we troubleshoot with other admin...

10-19-2017

Discussions for Sections

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas I think that when a teacher creates a discussion for a course they should have the option for students to only view the replies for their ...

08-22-2017