George Hatsidimitris's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Submission without online marking

I am helping redesign an online unit of study. At the moment some of the assignments are being handed in as a hardcopy to the coordinator for marking and then also being emailed to the coordinator as...

07-30-2018

Anonymous or blind marking

Hi all, we are considering implementing anonymous or blind marking i.e. the marker is unaware of whose essay they are marking so as to avoid any bias. What are the limitations to ensuring anonymous ...

02-18-2018

Canvas through the lens of a tutor

Hi, I have been asked to run a couple of workshops at my faculty on "Canvas through the lens of a tutor". I have been looking at Canvas from the perspective of a designer but not real cluey on the n...

02-15-2018

Lost in the Canvas Wilderness

Having spent some time looking at the Canvas Style Sheet and "mastering" flexbox grids I set about transforming some course pages and admiring how the pages re-arranged themselves as I shrank the bro...

02-12-2018

Colours in TEXT HEADERS

Hi, is there any way to add Color in the Text Headers as used in the modules? For that matter can you format the text at all? I am trying to segment the pages in the modules and either color coding ...

02-12-2018

Can I hide or delete the comments box under an Arc video?

Although I appreciate the option to include student/teacher comments under a video there are instances when I would prefer to turn off this option e.g. the video is meant as a trailer on a landing pa...

10-11-2017

Using color as shown in the style guide

Greetings all, I wish to incorporate the colors shown in the Canvas style guide Canvas LMS  but not clear on how to modify/embed the code into the HTML editor. In particular I wish to show diff...

10-08-2017

Can I use a custom image to link to a video?

Greetings all, Can I make custom images, say of various plants, and then embed them in a table and have each of those images link to the corresponding video? How to go about this? I can make the ima...

06-22-2017

Groups and Sections and their interplay

Hi All,   I am trying to get my head around difficult concepts (albeit only for the novice) in Canvas LMS with a view to putting together some visualisations for the clarification of concepts ...

05-25-2017