jhough's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Canvas Studio Video Annotations

We recently created a video in Studio. We added an annotation to the video that forces a pause. When played inside of a Canvas course, it works perfectly. When I used the share link and opened it out...

02-26-2024

Use of MathQuill in creating answers (teacher)

Some teachers working more with New Quizzes were creating some categorization and matching types. They could use the MathQuill in the stem, but not in the possible answers. This makes it so the answe...

10-28-2022

Blank Document for Assignment Resubmission?

A teacher I'm working with would like to give a completely blank PDF for an assignment resubmission. They are finding that no matter what they do, the PDF will always come up completed for the studen...

05-24-2021

How do I connect courses?

First, we're VERY excited about these updates! I just need some guidance wrapping my brain around things. If there has been posts about this, please point me in the right direction, I missed them. ...

03-31-2021

Share Discussions (including replies) Across Courses

I had a teacher ask me this: "Is it possible to share a discussion (with all the replies) across courses? I teach an elective with 3 grades in it and they are all separate courses. I just want to ...

04-09-2020

Self enroll as a teacher?

Had someone ask if you could make the self enroll function add the user as a teacher vs. a student. I can't find anything about it or a way to do it, so thought I'd ask! 

10-16-2019

Drag and drop images?

I could have sworn at InstructureCarn in 2018, we saw a "coming soon" of dragging and dropping images into the RCE. I can't seem to find anything about it. I've been looking at the upcoming changes t...

10-15-2019

Item Feedback in Quizzes.Next

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas It was suggested by one of our teachers to have the ability to add feedback to distractor items individually, not just the correct answer,...

03-06-2018

Issues with SpeedGrader?

I've had a teacher that's received reports about the marks on SpeedGrader acting strange. Here's what she's said: I'm referring to the drop down menu when you are looking at the list of kids for...

11-17-2017

Service Cloud question

I'm new to the Service Cloud ticket system. When I'm looking a the tickets that have come in, what's the difference between "Open" and "Pending" ?

11-06-2017