a1222679's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Canvas Data 2.0 Accounts

Problem statement: Canvas Data 1.0 had a fields which indicated which school and faculty a course belonged to (ACCOUNT_DIM.SUBACCOUNT3 and ACCOUNT_DIM.SUBACCOUNT2). From what I can see in the Accou...

10-09-2023

New Quizzes Data

Submissions data for New Quizzes don't appear in the quiz submission dim or are exportable from the UI in the way the original quizzes were.  The FAQ only says that an API will be created one da...

05-22-2022

Student Group Creator User_ID

I use Canvas flat file data for all manner of reporting within our institution.  I've recently been looking into student groups and one thing I'd like to know is who created the groups.  It...

07-01-2020

Student and Resource Weekly Data

Not a question so much as an issue I'd like to raise.  When I looked at weekly activity and selected a particular week the student data was filtered to that week but the resource use data rem...

09-12-2019

Quiz Override

I have a request/suggestion..   ASSIGNMENT_DIM has a VISIBILITY field which tells me whether the original version of an assignment is valid to any users following an override or if only the ov...

05-24-2018

Filtering for Course Q&A Discussion Forums in Canvas Data

I’ve been trying to separate the ‘Course Q&A Discussion Forum’ discussions from the others by using DISCUSSION_TOPIC_TITLE in the DISCUSSION_TOPIC_DIM.  This works in the majority of cases b...

01-28-2018

Embedded Video

I'm looking for a way to identify courses within Canvas that have embedded video content.  I've tried using the 'body' field in the wiki_page_dim table but this only shows the first 250 characte...

06-06-2017

Multiple Due Date Assignments

I've noticed that assignments with multiple due dates show 'null' in the Due_At column of the Assignment_Dim table.  In my query builder I've joined Assignment_Dim.Assignment_ID=Course_Dim.Assig...

03-22-2017

Wiki Page Data

I'm trying to get information relating to all of the wiki pages contained within a course from the Canvas data.  Looking at the wiki and wiki page dimensions I get only 1 wiki per course.  ...

02-02-2017

Page View Query

I'm trying to get page view statistics for all students in all courses from the Canvas data and presume that I would need to interrogate the requests table in some way.  So far I haven't been ab...

01-11-2017

Is there any way to discern when a course was published (became 'available')?

I'm looking at the Course Dimension table from the Canvas data but can't find this info.  Does anyone know if it is available somewhere?

01-10-2017

ECHO360 Exports and Canvas Data

I'm wondering how I can link Echo360 exports csv's with my Canvas data files in a visualisation tool.  The unique values in the export are the Canvas User ID and the Email Address columns. ...

11-30-2016