rebecca_asker's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Adding your own backgrounds in BigBlueButton

Hi!  Finally there is an option to use backgrounds in BBB! 🙂 But as far as I can see you still can't add your own backgrounds, you can only choose the ones that BBB has uploaded themselves. H...

01-24-2022

Is there a way to make the inbox better? (Folders, formatting, etc.)

Hi!  A lot of our teachers would love to be able to create folders in the inbox. Since it's not possible to do so in Canvas, does anyone know about any add-ons or applications that can be used...

09-27-2021

Any tips on apps to use for collaboration online?

Hi!  I work at a school that is 100% distance education. We want to see if there are any good apps out there which allow students to collaborate together in real time. Preferably apps that can...

02-22-2021

What does the lock image mean?

Hi! What does the lock mean? This is a picture a student sent me, and I can't figure it out. The image appeared in the list of her recent feedback. 

11-18-2020

Adding event to a single student, not a group/course

Hi!  Is there any way that an instructor can add an event to a student's calendar? I can only find that the instructor can add events for the whole group, but not that the instructor can add to...

11-10-2020

Creating groups automatically

Hi!  I'm trying to figure out how to best create groups within a course with over 200 students and 7 teachers. I set the student size to 4 in each group and also filled in that the students nee...

10-20-2020

External tools for creating excersices

Hi!  We are looking into different options on tools to create interactive exercises (quizzes, drag-and-drop, interactive videos etc.). So far we've been looking at integrating h5p.com or Course...

03-10-2020

Problems with handing in films

Hi! A lot of our students experience trouble when uploading films in assignments. The page just keeps on loading, and the film never seems to get handed in. However, they have no problems uploading ...

01-31-2020

Downloading teachers' media comments in Speedgrader

Is there any way of downloading the media comments that the teachers upload into Speedgrader? When I try to save a media comment, the file just gets saved a s an HTML-file.  Regards,  R...

10-28-2019

Teacher's old comments disappear with new hand in

Hi!  We are having some issues with the Speedgrader. Let's say a teacher has commented on a student's text in the speedgrader. If the student decides to hand in a new text on the same assignmen...

10-01-2019

Possible to unlink observers from students

Hi!  Does anyone know if it's possible to unlink a student from an observer not one course at a time, but altogether (all the courses at once)?  The problem right now is that I have to ...

08-13-2019

Download epub-button not showing

Hi!  I've tried downloading epub-files but the button mentioned in the guides don't show up. I've enabled epub-downloads on an admin level and I have disabled the HTML-download option in some c...

07-04-2019

Avoid getting red marks for handing in late

Hi!  Our students work at different paces, but we still want to give them suggested dates to help them plan their studies. One thing that we fear might be misleading/negative is when the s...

06-18-2019

A regular page in the assignment list?

Hi!  One of our teachers just noticed that there's a regular page in the assignment list (as you can see "Vecka 28-31, Atomer, blandningar och lösningar" is a page, not an assignment). How is t...

06-14-2019

Erase the "Total" column in the gradebook

Hi!  Is there any way of erasing the "Total" column in the gradebook? The information is misleading for our students.  // Rebecca 

05-22-2019

Removing the "open in a new window" icon

Hi!  Is there any way of erasing the icons beside the links?  // Rebecca

05-16-2019

Using Soundtrap in Canvas

Hi!  Is there anyone else out there using Soundtrap with Canvas?   We have just recently installed the Soundtrap app, but we are experiencing some issues...  1. When we install ...

04-09-2019

The student's uploaded assignment is empty...Why?

Hi! A student is having a strange issue; when she tries to upload a file in an assignment, the document becomes empty. This has happened to two different students. I don't understand why this happen...

04-03-2019

Showing a page only once

Hi!  Is there any way of making a page visible only once for the students, as it is possible for the quizzes?  Or, is it possible to erase a quiz from the list of results (swedish: omdöme...

03-21-2019

Student can't access page. Why?

Hi!  Something strange happened to a page in a module. The students' can't access the page, but I'm not sure why. We have not changed any settings (as far as I know) which would make the page u...

03-12-2019