ddumonde's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Does Canvas support webp images?

I downloaded a textbook cover from Amazon and was surprised the image is in webp format. Canvas does not list webp in Supported Image Formats. Does Canvas support webp images? Or do I have to conver...

08-27-2020

Student worker course role/privileges

We currently use work-study students in our online program to perform certain routine tasks in our master courses and our courses in development. They do not have the same admin access to Canvas that...

07-24-2020

Likert answers showing multiple results?

I'm trying to set up multiple likert questions in a graded survey based on these instructions: How do I create Likert scale quiz questions?   I then attempt to take the survey in Student V...

07-10-2020

Usability: "Avoid PDF for On-Screen Reading"

Usability expert Jakob Nielsen at the Nielsen Norman Group published an article on the usability of PDFs on the web: Avoid PDF for On-Screen Reading. Avoid PDF for On-Screen Reading Summar...

06-30-2020

Host CSS externally?

We have created a template using custom CSS added at the subaccount level. When we attempt to move a course to another subaccount, features of the template no longer work correctly. We do not have ac...

03-18-2020

Is there also a CSS whitelist?

I have a div creating a box around some content on a page:  <div style="margin: 0.5em; padding: 1em; border: 1px solid lightgray;"> I'm attempting to add a shadow to the div using in...

03-18-2020

Click or ESC to dismiss

When I click on a blue dot to bring up a detail chart for that item, I have to click a tiny x in the top right to dismiss the panel. I would like to be able to dismiss the panel by clicking anywhere ...

02-16-2019

Is the inline document preview screen-reader accessible?

We have started using the inline preview feature for document links to make the document viewable on screen by enabling the "Auto-open the inline preview for this link". Is the preview screen-reader ...

08-22-2018