venitk's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Timeline update for when Discussions Redesign is forced on?

@Katrina-Hess Do you expect this discussions redesign to be pushed on for all institutions by the end of second quarter 2022? (ie, before Summer 2022?) We're trying to decide when to turn it o...

10-19-2021

Adding bottom border to a table without CSS

I'm working on a finance/accounting course, lots of tables. I want to have borders on the bottoms of the rows only (so, only have horizontal lines). But I can't change the overall subaccount CSS beca...

01-21-2021

Receiving error message when trying to export course content

We've had a couple reports of students unable to download course content (different students, different courses). The button IS checked in settings.  I tried it myself, in Chrome, an...

05-06-2020

Will Vimeo Notifications Video be Updated?

We have a Vimeo tutorial video embedded in our online teaching certification course for instructors. Will this video be updated to show the change to SMS notifications, or should we delete it from ou...

05-06-2020

View Click Pathways through Analytics?

We're trying to figure out how students access the materials in our courses. In other words, are they accessing their discussions through the Calendar, To-Do list, Discussions tab, or the Home tab (w...

01-23-2020

Shift dates best practice for open/start and end/close dates

When you ask Canvas to automatically shift the dates, what are the best practices for which dates you choose?  I'll explain: Our courses open to students a week before the course starts an...

01-03-2020

[Gradebook] Gradebook and Speedgrader dropdown: Visible, Invisible, and More Options

In New Gradebook, instructors intuit incorrectly that Hide and Post replace Mute/Unmute. They believe these actions affect future grades. They do not know to look for the Grade Posting Policy. &nb...

12-10-2019

Grade Posting Policy Use and Scenarios

My team created a post on our blog on the New Gradebook Grade Posting Policy for our instructors. You are welcome to share it with your instructors. As the policy is updated, I will update this same ...

11-01-2019

Clarifying Grade Posting Policy--Does Hide only affect grades already posted?

I'm really hoping to get a Canvas super expert to weigh in here (erinhallmark‌, maybe?  @CanvasDocTeam ‌?)  I'm writing a blog post for our instructors on the Grade Posting Policy...

10-30-2019

Graded Storyline in Canvas

I investigated this in the past but thought it was worth bringing up again to see if the software has improved.  We haven't been using Graded Storylines in Canvas because it seemed SCORM was ...

10-28-2019

How to set up a course where students can choose some assignments

I'm working on setting up a course with 3 required assignments and a suite of optional ones (assignments and discussions) that they can choose from.  How do I set this up? I thought at first ...

09-12-2019

[Announcements] Fix Unexpected Behavior: Un-Delay Announcement announcements don't appear in correct order

When we delay announcements (say, if we have some left over from the previous offering of the course that we want to reuse but aren't sure when the course starts when it will run so we aren't ready t...

06-26-2019

Put Everything with a Due Date on the Calendar and Syllabus

Even if you set practice quizzes, for example, with a due date, that date doesn't appear on the calendar. The only place for students to see that dates is if they go through Modules (our institution ...

03-14-2019

Remove prerequisites when the module it's based on is removed

Currently, when the module a prerequisite is based on is removed, the prerequisite LABEL persists on the modules with that prerequisite on them. I'm suggesting removing that label from the modules. ...

01-03-2019

How to not show a picture or name in announcements/discussions

I came across this thread about how to manually add the pic/initials of the instructor to discussions. I have the opposite question: We'd like to manually remove IDs pictures/initials from annou...

11-08-2018

Multiple answers in numerical quizzes

In what situation would I want multiple answers in a numerical answer quiz? Would I need to do that for something like $2000 vs $2,000 or 2000 or 2,000? Or does the numerical choice automatically fil...

10-03-2018

Attach a course file to a small group discussion

An instructor I'm working with would like to attach a file to a small group discussion. He copy and pastes the same reply to each discussion, and that reply should include a link to a file. In D...

10-03-2018

Summary of notification

Several instructors I'm working with have expressed frustrations at the email notifications. They are signed up to be notified when a student posts a comment on their submissions (so, if they have a ...

10-03-2018

Transfer grade from rubric

I found couple of old threads about this issue, but they seem to indicate that the problem has been fixed, but it doesn't seem like it has.  I created a rubric through outcomes. This rubric wou...

09-16-2018

to do vs calendar event

Hi IDs, I'm trying to figure out when to use calendar events vs. when to do "to-dos" on the calendar. Specifically I'm wondering about the second date for discussions (you know, there's the due date...

09-13-2018