vancej's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Account lock to Pearson

Does anyone have any idea why Canvas would pick one student to prevent them from accessing a Pearson-integrated textbook? Pearson Technical Support is re-directing my student back to me to unlock the...

01-22-2024

[Calendar] New event indicator to calendar button

Problem statement: Right now, when I create a new event under the account calendar there is no indicator to draw users to it nor is there any notification sent of a new account calendar event. My st...

11-22-2023

Locking Modules

I suspect this is counter-productive, but is there a way to lock modules in the blueprint so that the receiving faculty can not delete them? Meaning, after building classes from the blueprint, we do ...

10-19-2023

Account calendars

If I force the subscription of the account calendars, shoudn't the events appear on the right under the Up Coming frame? If not, then why not?! 😕

10-18-2023

"Question" written in different font for only one student

Has anyone seen the the attached file before? It is occurring for one student at  my institution. I have reached out to Canvas Support, but I think they are stumped as well.

08-23-2023

Can all of the assignment point values be edited in location like Due Dates?

I am curious about the ability to edit all of the assignment pint values like  Due Dates.Is there a way to do this?

08-22-2023

[Permissions] Create a workflow to make an user an Observer to select/bulk classes

Problem statement: The current workflow for Observer role assigns an user to another user on a per course basis. Proposed solution: It would be helpful to be able to assign an user the Observer...

05-22-2023

[Reports] Outcomes simple alignment

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Problem statement: I see the report for outcomes that have a scores, but what if an outcome has been align with something, but no sc...

04-26-2023

Will I see outcomes in the Analytics Hub?

Will I see outcomes results in the Analytics Hub?

03-23-2023

[People] Allow teachers to remove Student Groups

Problem statement: If a student accidently create a Student Group, then the Student Groups group set tab remains visible to the teacher. The teacher can remove the groups, but not the group set. ...

08-25-2022

What-If & other integrated tools

I am curious if anyone attempted to use the What-if feature on publisher assignments like Cengage, MH, and etc. I have a student attempting to enter score for a MH assignment, but can't.

06-06-2022

How to communicate Incomplete with a grade scheme

I need help with creating away to input I for incomplete for students who do not  complete the course. Students may, or even will, think that they have completed the class if they see a passing&...

05-10-2022

[Modules] Consistent behavior with module requirements and To-do Lists

Please find away to make the behavior between click the assignment link in the To-do List  versus clicking the link that is  deployed in Modules or Assignments when there Module Requirement...

03-24-2022

Ungraded Assignments made visible in Modules

Please consider the idea of allowing Ungraded Assignments to be listed as option for the Modules area. Some of us the the instructional  design methodology of keeping the Assignments course navi...

12-13-2021

Canvas is not rendering properly in Chrome

Is anyone encountering recently that Canvas won't render all of the  buttons in Chrome, specifically on the Settings page? I can not change the Participation options from Term to Course because ...

12-06-2021

Aqua-integration

Has anyone gotten the  Aqua data retrieval tool by WaterMarknights to work in Canvas? We have the  integration setup and able to create the assignment link from Aqua to be  inserted in...

03-05-2020

Retrieving student submissions across multiple classes

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve students' assignment submission across multiple classes?

03-05-2020

[New Quizzes] Selecting question-types from item banks

Please consider the  idea of allowing the instructor to  select  specific question-types from a question bank. At  times when we as faculty may not want to  T/F question-type...

06-06-2019

Mute grade until date

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Is it possible for the Canvas programmers to figure out how configure the Mute feature to have a Mute Until a certain date? Comment...

05-09-2019