cdavitt's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Too many assignment groups causing Canvas to freeze.

I have a teacher who created about 76 assignment groups. Now when you click on the assignment tab Canvas will freeze and eventually you will need to close the tab, it stops responding. I could fix ...

04-19-2021

Parent Onboarding Website

How are you onboarding parents with Canvas? We have a site now but I think we need to update it. What things do you have on your onboarding materials/sites? Would anyone be willing to link your sites...

07-07-2020

OneNote Class Notebook Issues

I went to connect a class to a OneNote Class Notebook and found it is no longer supported by Microsoft. Does anyone have a work around for this? 

07-03-2020

Elementary Themes?

I know you can toggle on the elementary theme in Canvas but I really didn't see too much change when I did that. It was pretty much the same except the font changed a tad. Someone asked if we coul...

06-15-2020

Using Canvas with high school band.

We have about 230 students in our high school marching band. The band teachers have run into some issues with students uploading videos to Canvas, mostly due to the size of the file exceeds 500 mb. ...

09-23-2019

Google Course Kit

We started using it but quickly ran into issue. It appears that grades will only stay in Course Kit and not show up in the Canvas grade book which seems like a step backwards. Is there a way to ge...

08-24-2019

SIS Import - Creates Sandbox?

I can't seem to find a way to do this, is it even possible? I would like to do this: Use our SIS system to create courses, assign the teacher and add the students. (We currently do this without a ...

07-12-2019

Non-Academic Uses of Canvas (sports, clubs...)

I have had a few coaches and sponsors reach out about using Canvas with their kids. The big idea is having one place for everything school related in one place. There could be a basketball course wit...

03-26-2019

Sub-Domains

We are getting ready to talk about Canvas for the next school year. This year we have maybe 30 teachers using Canvas, our first year, and probably tripling that number next year.  I'm wo...

03-25-2019

Summer Professional Development/Learning

This is our first school year using Canvas on a pretty small scale. We started the year with only 16 teachers at the high school and have grown to a little over 30. We offered some development s...

03-15-2019

Adding Account Role - Building Principal

I am looking to add a new account role for our building level principals. There are so many options and choices which leave me wondering. What do they need to see and what isn't necessary? Has ...

11-17-2018