gpillsbury's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Rich Content Editor image bug

Images cannot be floated left.  In the RCE, you can click on an image and choose the right-align tool.  This creates a proper "float: right" style attribute in the image's HTML and text pro...

07-26-2023

Prevent students from seeing “Submission Details” link without a submission

Currently, students always have access to the “Submission Details” link on an assignment page, even if they don’t have a submission posted. Moreover, this link is visible for non-submitters after the...

11-26-2021

[Course Import/Export] Do not allow importing a course into itself

The ability to use the Import tool to copy a Canvas course into itself should be disabled.  There is no reasonable use for such a feature, and when instructors mistakenly choose the existing cou...

11-01-2021

[Assignments] Warn teachers about changing Assign To information after student work has occurred

Please add an alert of some sort to warn teachers whenever they try to change an existing Assign To field in an assignment or quiz by removing a student or set of students from the list after student...

10-24-2021

Feedback on new reply sidebar

In the Sept 15 release, a new reply sidebar was added that replaced the unfolding of replies below a topic.  Thumbs down from me.  The flyout takes you out of the flow of the thread and sud...

09-15-2021

[Course Navigation] Make the Visibility icon clickable in Course Navigation items to change state

Currently, the Course Navigation menu shows a crossed-out eye Visibility icon for items in the menu that are not visible to students. However, unlike other areas of Canvas (such as Assignments and Mo...

01-29-2021

Reuse grading scheme in another course?

Is it possible to reuse a customized grading scheme in another course?  I recently created a modified version of our account grading scheme in one course and hoped to simply select the modified ...

01-18-2021

Link validator shows blank page

Trying to use the link validator on a few courses and all of them simply return a blank page.  Most do not show the button "Start Validation".  At best, there is a brief flash of "Loading.....

12-02-2020

Targeting an app page's URL with Javascript

I am trying to help our users understand the Redirect Tool by modifying some of the default Canvas content on that tool's installation page.  To do so, I am using the Theme Editor to upload a .j...

09-21-2020