michellez's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Allow Rubrics to Appear in Speedgrader for Canvas Quizzes (like Assignments).

When grading an assignment using Speedgrader, I love the ability to use my custom rubric as I grade. When I create a quiz, I cannot use a rubric in the grading process using Speedgrader. It would be ...

03-01-2021

If You're Not Using Speedgrader, You're Missing Out!

Before the pandemic took over, I was fortunate to speak at a conference where I discussed providing feedback to students through technology. In sum, I spoke about ...

05-04-2020

Inspired and Looking Forward

I use apps for everything (doesn't everyone?) and I suppose when I first downloaded the Canvas app a few years ago, I was first learning how to use Canvas myself, and the app was not nearly as update...

03-31-2019

I Tried Using Shorter, Low-Stakes Assessments for One Semester and Here's What Happened

Hi Community! I have been teaching in a higher education graduate school for more than fourteen years and until my fall 2017 semester, I had been calculating my students' grades based on an 8...

01-11-2018

Procrastination and the Mobile User

My students can be the biggest procrastinators.  I suppose we all can procrastinate from time to time but I find that my students every year have trouble with completing their assignments early ...

01-04-2018