Lee Newton's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Canvas cURL pagination: doesn't include "last" page link?

For my project I need to get all the pages of data for a project. I can make cURL requests on data endpoints and get all the pages I want. For example, see this DD of some page data that includes ...

01-20-2020

Find a Course by SIS Course ID, when given only part of that SIS ID?

In my custom application, I have a program that successfully searches for and finds a course when given its SIS Course ID. Using this code written in PHP Laravel: $sis_course_id = $request->sis_...

12-03-2019

How do I find a course by name?

My current project asks me to develop a webpage that allows someone to find a single course, if given its name or ID. Let's say name, for now. To that end, I'm following the official documentati...

11-27-2019

Find user in Canvas if given their name?

I'm creating a custom web application for my university that allows users to search for a single user in Canvas. I've studied the documentation here: https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/users.h...

11-25-2019

Is it possible to create a new Canvas page?

I'm developing a new application for Canvas, and I just want to verify one thing. Is it possible to program a new webpage on my server, https://my.instructure.com, using a text editor or other materi...

11-15-2019

How to use Developer Key for OAuth2 Authentication?

So I'm the admin of a Canvas test server, and want to set up OAuth2 authentication for my webpage. I've generated a developer key after logging into "https://my.test.instructure.com" and setting up ...

11-13-2019

OAuth2 Authentication: unknown client in Canvas?

I'm developing an OAuth2 Authentication client-server program using Laravel. My code looks like this: Route::get('/hi', function() {    // Build the query parameter string to pas...

11-12-2019

Why does "api/v1/users/self" refer to only the same account every time?

...ull information of the user's account (just for testing purposes), so I know for sure which user it's looking at. public function pagePermissions() {      $self = self::g...

11-05-2019

Can I check each of my courses for a certain folder more efficiently than this?

...oop++; } See the "self::hasBBDirect($d["id"])" line? That directs to a helper function to check if any courses under the returned course ID have the folder I'm looking for:# public function h...

04-08-2019

How should I check a text file to see if it has a new course for my Canvas project?

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask. I have a "courses.txt" which contains the courses for my Canvas community. This will have new classes added to it as time goes on, and I want a way to ...

03-19-2019

PHP Pagination - buttons?

Hi, I'm struggling with working pagination in PHP. According to the documentation, I can use those links to go to the next page of the collected results. I can put out a certain amount of ...

02-07-2019