tslee's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Student View] Test assignment submissions, for unpublished assignment and unpublished discussions

Problem statement: If a teacher wants to test out an assignment submission, they should do this in 'Student View' am I correct? But currently, it seems the item must be published first (ie: vis...

a week ago

Is there a way for teachers to test out assignment submissions, for unpublished assignment and unpublished discussions

Problem If a teacher wants to test out an assignment submission, they should do this in 'Student View' am I correct? But currently, it seems the item must be published first (ie: visible and a...

a week ago

[Student View] Clarity for 'Student View' label on course home page

Problem statement: Problem: User mistakenly thinks they are in student mode because they see the 'Student View' text https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-view-a-course-as-a-t...

04-05-2024

Clarity for 'Student View' label on course home page

Problem: User mistakenly thinks they are in student mode because they see the 'Student View' text, in top right, and they don't understand that it is a button to click on, which would then...

04-05-2024

[Discussions] Deleted post - feature request is that only faculty should see contents, no one else

Problem statement: In the new discussion redesign, someone can 'Report' a post. Problem is that if offensive, I can delete it (which is great!) BUT, it is totally removed and no one, not even teache...

03-14-2024

[Classic Quizzes] rename classic quiz question bank

Problem statement: When I go to rename a question bank in a course, its counter-intuitive because it overwrites the question blank title with a different title, instead of just showing my current qu...

08-07-2023

[Gradebook] "Unusually High" or Excessive Points Alert - make this alert persist

Problem statement: Alert disappears after a while instead of being persistent when unusually high points are awarded during grading in speedgrader and course gradebook. Feature https://community.can...

04-11-2023

[Pages] Fix needed - unaware 'prerequisite' text is clickable

Problem statement: when a student accesses a locked page that has pre-requisite , the 'pre requisite' text shows no indication it is clickable. So they can't see list of missing items they need to c...

10-28-2022

Files section - adding 'Modify Date' to folders when a file is uploaded inside

The 'Created by' date on a folder doesn't update each year when course content is copied from a different course. And so seeing this date is confusing to end user whether it is teacher or student.&nb...

01-03-2022

Quizzes.Next: favorite or star top results

Imagining a quiz that has many, many, many questions, giving faculty a way to  manually star / favorite / or pin top questions (for whatever reason) may help faculty make more use out of the res...

03-06-2019