hbrown5018's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Defaulting to Previous Day Instead of the 'day of' when awarding badges

We've noticed that when we try to award a badge, the day the badge states it is being awarded is defaulting to the previous day, instead of the current day it is being awarded. Any ideas? Heather&nbs...

10-05-2023

How Do I Center my Text Headers in a Module?

Specifically, I'd like to know how this individual separated their modules with the headers you'll see in the image below. Using indents on the text header does not CENTER the text as the text will o...

01-10-2023

Student Badges Not Being Awarded AND Being Awarded Without Anyone Issuing Them!

At the moment, we are using Badgr, It is not Badgr Pro.  We have two different courses that have become problematic. The first course is a student course. Each time the students complete a modul...

12-07-2022

How do I clean up the Canvas Calendar and To-Do List?

I have a faculty member who has asked this question and provided the following information: I have assignments from 2020 that keep popping up on my calendar and to-do list. There are enough of these...

11-17-2022

How do I remove a prerequisite for a module for just one student?

It's a long story...but I have a student who I manually entered grades for, for 8 out of 10 modules. All modules have prerequisites. Because she didn't actually submit anything to complete the module...

11-06-2022

Can I add a user after the course has concluded?

I'm asking for a faculty member. Can she add a person (she has permission) to her course after it has concluded? She wants another faculty member to be able to access her course as a learning tool.&n...

10-20-2022

Add Padding to Icons on a page?

I have created a Home page which is a resource for faculty. On this page there are several icons I made w/the icon maker tool.  I cannot figure out how to space the icons out evenly so they are...

10-05-2022

Pre-requisites - Do they copy over?

Do Pre-requisites copy over using the Course Import Tool? 

01-20-2022

MODULES - Lock AFTER dates

Hi all...is there a way to LOCK the module AFTER a certain date? I know we can lock UNTIL a certain date...looking for a way to lock the module AFTER a certain date... Thank you in advance for your...

08-07-2021

How do I create a custom image for my course tile?

How can I create a custom image for my course tile that appears on the dashboard? 

06-25-2021

Canvas Certified Educator Higher Education Program - NEED DETAILS

Hello,  I'm trying to obtain more information on the Certified Educator program in HE. Here's the link to the current listing of CORE courses ( https://learn-cce.catalog.instructure.com/browse...

04-12-2021

QR Code versus Canvas Mobile App

Why would a student use the QR code login over the Student Canvas App? I'm missing something...seems like if a student has the mobile app they wouldn't need the QR code.  Thank you, Heather&nb...

09-11-2020

Rubrics

Can you upload a rubric created in Word into Canvas? Heather 

08-18-2020

New Grading Scale Due to COVID/Remote learning - need assistance choosing the right tool to give feedback

We are giving our students an option to choose between a new grading scale (P+, P, P-, etc) OR the A-F grading scale due to going to remote learning the last part of the semester.  While we h...

04-09-2020

Change Point Value of Quiz Questions - Individually or ALL questions at once

Is there a way to change the point value of questions in a quiz that has already been created? It hasn't been published yet.  I know in Blackboard you can use course tools, tests, choose the ...

11-13-2018