ericwerth's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

OER for Teaching Writing

Hello everyone! At my institution we have been working on reassessing our introductory writing courses in light of two factors: 1) the fact that students come to college with varied writing abilit...

04-17-2020

Canvas Certification Courses- What teachers should and shouldn’t be asked to do in the Community

Being at an institution with a number of experienced Canvas users as well as many just getting started, I have been giving thought to what activities within the Community should be included in initia...

10-09-2018

Move Quizzes.Next to Quizzes Tab

Currently to create a quiz or access an existing quiz in Quizzes.Next you must go to the "Assignments" tab.  I suggest changing this so that Quizzes.Next is in the "Quizzes" tab instead. I be...

06-06-2018

[New Quizzes] Add location for SpeedGrader Access

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas In the current quiz system, an instructor may access SpeedGrader through the grade book or from the overview screen of the quiz itsel...

05-30-2018

Inquiry-Based Learning

Hello everyone,  I am getting ready to present some training on Inquiry-Based Learning to a group of teachers and administrators and am looking for a little bit of help.  The training I ...

04-03-2018

Studying Student Experience Online

...f 2015, surveys were given to students in 100 (mostly) and 200 level GE courses where both an online and on-ground section was offered.  This included an art and music, public speaking, math, E...

02-16-2018

[Reports] Indicate Cross-Listed Courses in Admin Reports

I would like to suggest that when admin reports, like unpublished and unused courses, are run that there is some indication of 1) whether the course is cross-listed, and 2) which course it is cross-l...

12-01-2017

Help with HTML for Google Slides

Hi everyone,  I was hoping that someone with HTML experience might be able to help me with a bit of code I have been struggling with.  My goal is to create a rotating set of photos in a ...

11-21-2017

Thoughts on beginning early alert efforts

Student retention is a concern in probably every college and university in America. We wouldn’t be in education if we didn’t feel it is a transformative experience and benefits not only the individua...

11-15-2017

Page text default grey-ish not black

I am hoping that someone can give me some insight into why text on pages by default is grey and not black (see below).  Reading within the Community it sounds like the default text color can't b...

11-03-2017

Any Nuro Retention Users?

Hello everyone, I posed this in the general question board as well but thought I would post it here for anyone who may be able to provide some help. We are preparing to implement Nuro Retention fo...

10-22-2017